Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS-XR 4.1.3 Release Date?

robyn.byrne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if the release date for IOS-XR 4.1.3 has been published yet?

Thanks

RJ

10 Replies 10

Ivan Krimmel
Level 7
Level 7

hi RJ,

i guess you are interested in 4.2.3, aren't you?

if so, the ETA is 30th Sept.

Regards,

Ivan.

amaged
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Robyn,

There will not be 4.1.3

Regards,

Ahmed

Hi,

Thanks for the quick responses, I am looking to stay on the 4.1 train and my understanding is that Cisco will continue development of 4.1 until July 2013 so I would assume more minor versions to follow.

Thanks

RJ

Hi RJ,

a couple of questions to that matter:

1. why would you prefer to stay on 4.1.x ?

2. where did you learn that 4.1.x will be kept developing until July 2013?

3. i guess related to 1., why not to move to 4.2.x, the natural successor of 4.1.x?

thanks for sharing,

Ivan.

Hi Ivan,

See answers below

Thanks

1. why would you prefer to stay on 4.1.x ?

See 3 below

2. where did you learn that 4.1.x will be kept developing until July 2013?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps8803/ps5845/end_of_life_notice_c51-704793.html

last ship date for v4.1 is June30th 2013

last date for SMUs on 4.1 is March 31, 2014

last day of support March 31st 2018

3. i guess related to 1., why not to move to 4.2.x, the natural successor of 4.1.x?

In my opinion 4.2 is too young, We would need a few minor versions released before I would consider a move. We         have been burnt on freshly released IOS-XR code in the past.

RJ,

strictly speaking the Eos/EoL note you refered above does not predict Cisco will continue develop 4.1 train, it only says Cisco may release SMUs for it, which is true.

As Ahmed said, there will be no further 4.1 builds, 4.2 is the currently train being developing. If you don't like it, you may stay on 4.1.3 and request assistance for it, but practically speaking 4.2.3 is on its way to pop up in September, so 4.2 is not a chicken.

Regards,

Ivan.

I'm not sure if OS-XR and NX-OS will follow the same path but X.0.X is considered at the "T" train, the X.1.X as the "M" train and the X.2.X is classed as the "Mainline".

If this is going to be the case, then you may want to consider the X.2.X because all the bugs of the previous versions will be improved and fixed. 

Thanks Guys,

I understand that 4.1 will not be developed further but assumed that Cisco would produce a 4.1.3 as a rollup of 4.1.2 and all related SMUs.

Many Thanks

RJ

Hi RJ,

no, there will be no 4.1.3. Building a release is a very time/effort consuming task, lots of QA etc. As mentioned above, it is time to consider 4.2.x as the direction to lean.

Regards,

Ivan.

Ok thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: