cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate VPN on Jabber??

ANUJ BUTAIL
Level 1
Level 1

My customer uses fortinet client VPN on their laptop will jabber work with corporate VPN??

Also can the customer use third party VPN for apple and andriod devices like ipad etc??

Thanks

3 Replies 3

bill.efthimiou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Anuj,

We use Fortinet VPN in our corporate environment, although we are in the process of dumping the product for another.

Unfortunately, I do not look after or have responsibility for the firewall/VPN in our organisation. I am responsible for the Cisco UC environment. I can comment as follows: The Windows Fortinet VPN client seems to work quite well for both CUPC and Jabber. The Mac version simply does not work very well for multimedia applications. Audio works most of the time however, any video call fails miserably. It appears to be as a result of a cumulative queuing problem within the client itself.

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on any BYOD device using VPN other than the Cisco ASA at the moment.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Kind Regards,

Bill.

There should be no specific requirements for what kind of VPN you are using, as long as you have network connection i.e. via VPN you are fine. Different layers as VPN only provides network access and has nothing to do with Jabber.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

I like your answer (+5) because I dont have to worry about it :-)

...and I like your Olympics ICON!

I have used both Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client iPhone application as well as an emailed mobileconfig profile (which I guess does an IPsec VPN connection to the HQ ASA) and both work for Jabber for iPhone.

That is until the iphone goes to sleep on the wifi?  (I see there is a bug against apple maybe for this).

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2153063?tstart=0

Bug ID CSCua19385 is fixed in Cisco Jabber for iPhone 9.0.1, according to TAC today. Unfortunately, they do not have the timeframe for its release.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: