cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Log files

CSCO11629163
Level 1
Level 1

Does any one have any idea which traces should be collected for issues call failure issue or any other logs i mean for all the logs which can help isolate issue's

Like few days ago i was facing issue upgrading the CUCM server so i took install logs to isolate the issue.

So my question is how many kinds of logs we have and which one to use for resolving the issue.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Collect the "CallManager" service traces.

Chris

How do you view the text files though? I've always wondered that, I just send them to TAC but I'd like to be able to look at them. When I open a CM trace file in notepad, notepad++ or word pad, it's just a bunch of character.

I think I can view within RTMT (browse) why can't I seem to open the text files?

They should be readable from the text editor just fine. Not sure why it is showing this for you :-(

Chris

Joshua,

Most times the files are zipped with a .txt extension. You need to use a zip file extractor such as winzip or 7zip to extract them before you can use notepad++. If you try to open it direclty it will show as scrambled as it is now

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks aokanlawon, I was using WinZip (paid version) when I was getting the results above. I forgot about 7zip, but downloaded it and now I can view the file!

Not sure why WinZip wasn't working, it seems to work for decompressing other zipped files. Probably some sort of PC issue. Thanks!

Glad to help, dont forget to rate useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: