Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Need help with Sip Capture

Answered Question
Jul 19th, 2012
User Badges:

Hello,

I am not familiar with Sip and need help deciphering why one of my sip phones is registering and the other is not. The softphones are different, one of them is a sip softphone from Express Talk, and the other is a program called WinCati that is used for Surveys. The Express Talk softphone can register with Call Manager no problem, WinCati does not register.

Correct Answer by Ayodeji Okanlawon about 5 years 3 weeks ago

Yes the phone has a line now : DN=5256, but there is no username and password. You need to configure a username and passwordd on the phone for it to authenticate. Once thats done it will then register. The phone that is working has a username "zz-103-135-7"

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Ayodeji Okanlawon Thu, 07/19/2012 - 14:46
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Wincati phone does not have a line configured. From the trace. It showed no Line configured

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Emanuel Hernandez Thu, 07/19/2012 - 14:52
User Badges:

Can you tell me where you see this on the trace? What packet number, what section in the packet shows you this information?

Emanuel Hernandez Mon, 07/23/2012 - 08:34
User Badges:

I have added another capture file called wincati 2. I am pretty sure this one is passing the line configured information but is not getting register with call manager. Do you know why call manager is not accepting this sip phone?

Correct Answer
Ayodeji Okanlawon Mon, 07/23/2012 - 15:20
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Yes the phone has a line now : DN=5256, but there is no username and password. You need to configure a username and passwordd on the phone for it to authenticate. Once thats done it will then register. The phone that is working has a username "zz-103-135-7"

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content