Replies

anyconnect for mobile VPN ASA5520-SSL500-K9

Ivan Levadnyi
Level 1
Level 1

Hellow everyone.

I have VPN ASA5520-SSL500-K9.

About:

This platform has an ASA 5520 VPN Plus license.

VPN Peers                    : 750

AnyConnect for Mobile        : Disabled

I need to know which type of license shoud I buy to activate AnyConnect for mobile devices (android, iphone, etc)?

Th's.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

For mobile, license should be ASA-AC-M-5520=

You don't need AnyConnect Essential or premium anymore since you already have 500 AnyConnect premium license as per your output earlier.

View solution in original post

Ahh, if it's failover pair, then ensure that you have 2 activation keys, one for each ASA.

Enter the activation key on the ASA, and click enter at the same time to apply the activation key.

If you don't apply it at the same time, it will disable the failover as failover requires exactly the same license on both ASA on version 8.0.4

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the part# for AnyConnect Mobile:

AnyConnect Mobile-ASA 5520 (req. Essentials or Premium)

ASA-AC-M-5520=

I'm little confuse.

What type of licence shoud I buy?

L-ASA-AC-E-5520=

AnyConnect Essentials VPN License - ASA 5520 (750 Users)

Or

ASA-AC-M-5520=

AnyConnect Mobile - ASA 5520 (req. Essentials or Premium)

Th’s a lot!

Sorry for the stupid question.

For mobile, license should be ASA-AC-M-5520=

You don't need AnyConnect Essential or premium anymore since you already have 500 AnyConnect premium license as per your output earlier.

Th's.

I thought so

pls kindly mark your question answered so others can learn from your post. Thank you.

Halim, pl's say.

What is step by step instruction to install license in production network.

Are there any additional requirements, such as their version of asa821-k8.bin or higher, for example use only asdm-621.bin?

I mean:

need to buy licence, than I open my asdm go to licensing=>activation key=> enter the license key (which I will buy)=>

than restrart vpn

That's all?

Can you help with this?

I apologize that might take away from you time wasting

I want to know all the details that would be the introduction to the network, all was ok.

Here is the requirement for Android mobile:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect25/administration/guide/ac10_admin_mobile_android.html

And here is for Apple mobile:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect25/release/notes/rn-ac2.5-iOS.html#wp1132648

So it requires version 8.0.4 or higher.

If you just have a single ASA, not in failover pair, then your step is correct, buy license --> get the activation key --> apply the activation key to the ASA, and if you check "show version", it should have the AnyConnect for Mobile: Enabled.

I have

ASA version 8.0(4)

ASDM version 6.1.(5)

2 device in failover pair

Ahh, if it's failover pair, then ensure that you have 2 activation keys, one for each ASA.

Enter the activation key on the ASA, and click enter at the same time to apply the activation key.

If you don't apply it at the same time, it will disable the failover as failover requires exactly the same license on both ASA on version 8.0.4

Did you do this before?

In practice (production), you do it?

With your words get the following:

I went over to the asdm ASA1 active and ASA2 standby the same time.

Buy 2 licenses mobile.

At the same time click on the 1st and the 2nd ASA activate the license.

That's it?

P.S. Just when I'm doing manipulations with active, all information is instantly duplicated on the standby. I have no doubt that it will work.

Since I do not have to test the possibilities, it is alarming.

That's why I ask the did you do this before?

Th's a lot.

Yup, did that before successfully.

The activation key does not get replicated to the standby ASA.

Cool

I have correctly described the action?

You clicked on standby ASA first, then active ASA second activate licence?

Th's.

Halim, could you answer the question?

Th's.

Enter the activation key on both ASA, then if you use ASDM, send the command at the same time (or click Enter on one ASA then immediately on the other ASA). Basically sending the command to both ASA at more or less the same time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: