Views
Helpful
Replies

downgrade ACS 5 - how to do ?

larsen_2011
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to downgrade an acs acs 5.3 to 5.2 - I have looked through the documentation, but somehow I fail to find the exact commands for the downgrade.

Previously I just used the recovery cd to reinstall the image, but  it must be possible to do a downgrade without loosing all the configuration..

can anybody help me out  ?

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies 7

mauzamor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Unfortunately the only way to go from 5.3 to 5.2 is with a reimage. There are no commands that will help you on this task.

The only way to keep some of the configuration is if you have a backup file when you were running 5.2, so you can use it to restore your settings.

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

What is driving the need to downgrade?

Hi,

I wanted to know in general, to have the procedure in place if I run a new version, and we discover a critical bug, and need to roll back to the old version.

Currently, I am testing version 5.4 beta version, and now I need to run v. 5.3 on the same appliance for other purposes. So I need to downgrade.

Hi,

Just as the other posts confirmed, you can not downgrade the ACS appliance, your best approach will be to keep a backup handy (and note which patch version you are on), once you upgrade to 5.4 and find that there is something wrong. You will have to reimage the unit, set the ip settings...dns...etc. Install the same patch you had before and then restore your backup.

thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Dear Tarik

I've almost the same problem with larsen...i've fresh acs 5.4 installed on sns 3415 and i need to reimage this acs to 5.3 for redundancy purpose

Can i reimage the new acs 5.4 with 5.3?because on your older post you said that we can't downgrade acs 5.4 to 5.3...is "downgrade" have the same meaning with reimage?

Many thanks for your any help

Regards

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You will have to stay on 5.4 since the 3415 is only supported for that version. Please double check the release notes but I am sure support for the 3415 was released in that version.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4
yes you need to re-imaging using ISO DVD to do the downgrade.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: