Views
Helpful
Replies

PPPoE Connection in UC560

rinchu.raj
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I had configured UC560 via Telephony configuration wizard in CCA and I assigned PPPoE configuration too. After saving the configuration I was able to get the internet connection from UC.But after a day I removed the Dialer0 interface cable  and reconnect it again, there is no internet connection. But but in this case  I checked the interface status and it is showing Dialer0 unassigned and port is Up also.That same connection I checked with Linksys broadband connection by providing Internet account username and password which I assigned inside UC and I was able to get internet connection.

Please suggest any additional configuration I have to do inside UC to get internet connectopn back.

Regards,

Rinchu Raj

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maybe you will have to use CLI, because from experience and hearsay, is not like the CCA GUI gets it right all the time.

Dear Paolo,

Let me know this conf is enough?

interface Dialer0

description $FW_OUTSIDE$

ip ddns update hostname abc.dyndns.biz

ip ddns update sdm_ddns1

ip address negotiated

ip access-group 104 in

ip mtu 1452

ip nat outside

ip inspect SDM_LOW out

ip virtual-reassembly in

encapsulation ppp

dialer pool 1

dialer-group 1

ppp authentication chap pap callin

ppp chap hostname

ppp chap password 7 <09545611011D0F4359>

ppp pap sent-username password 7 12495C42254465E5A557B7B91765044754435A

ppp ipcp dns request

And any thing more I need to do with access list?

I would recommend

interface Dialer0

default ip mtu

mtu 1492

no ip access-group 104 in

no ip inspect SDM_LOW out

no ip virtual-reassembly

ppp ipcp route deafult

Then you can check with "debug ppp neg" and "term mon" how it goes.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Rinchu,

I would plug the cable back into the WAN port and then log into the CLI and do a "shut" and then "no shut" on the dialer0 interface.

Your configuration is fine and is a standard setup, not sure why though it is coming up as unassigned.

As a last resort though, you may need to give the UC a reboot and see if that brings up all the interfaces properly, such as any virtual ones as well (Although you shouldn't have too).

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Yes It is working .......I done the configuration via CLI and put the access list 104 I edited the access list to permit all to all. now UC is sharing internet.I tested by shutdown the UC and restarted it is working fine.

interface Dialer0

description $FW_OUTSIDE$

mtu 1492

bandwidth 400

ip ddns update hostname abc.dyndns.biz

ip ddns update sdm_ddns1

ip address negotiated

ip access-group 104 in

ip mtu 1452

ip nat outside

ip inspect SDM_LOW out

ip virtual-reassembly in

encapsulation ppp

dialer pool 1

dialer-group 1

ppp authentication chap pap callin

ppp chap hostname

ppp chap password 7 071739545611015445

ppp pap sent-username password 7 0443131E1739541F5B

ppp ipcp dns request

You would have better performances with "no ip mtu 1452".

The access-list is not need because you have NAT, so your itnernal LAN is inaccessible anyway,

And I recommend to remove virtual-reassmbly because I've seen it failing so often.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: