Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 3600e configuration

BigBee117
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks,

Does anyone know how I can configure the Aironet 3600e by Cisco without a WAN Controller. I know it's a controller based AP but I bought it in preparation for my new WiFi Network Design as I'm planning to deploy these APs together with a controller but at this stage all I need is just basic config so that I can see how good it will work in the environment I want to implement it. So I was wondering if there is some kind of default IP and Admin/ Password as I could not find the info on Cisco's website.

Thanks!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Currently, the 3600 does not and cannot operate in autonomous mode.

A WLC (running at least 7.2.103.0) is required.

Snap!!!!!!!! I don't know what to do now cause I wouldn't prefer to get the controller before I figure out how things work with this AP; The WLC is a big investment so I was hoping there would be a way to configure the AP without the controller just for testing.  

How "friendly" are you with your Cisco account manager/sales engineer?

I'm not talking about your authorized Cisco reseller.

Talk to Cisco and ask to borrow an evaluation WLC5508 or 2504. 

Hey leolaohoo,

I contacted Cisco about this issue and I was told that in order to get TAC  technical support and troubleshooting or to get assistance configuring  my device, I would need to purchase a SmartNet contract.

I don't know any Cisco account manager or engineer...

I didn't know borrowing was possible. What's the procedure?

I appreciate your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card