cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM2 clientlink

codflanglers
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if the WiSM2 does client link (beamforming) by default? We have it switched on for our WiSMs but the option does not appear in the WiSM2 (even though the help file mentions it). We're running 7.0.230.0 on our WiSMs and 7.2.103.0 on our WiSM2s.

Has the option been phased out or does it appear somewhere else (to be honest I've looked everywhere and can't see it)? Or perhaps it is now only accessible via the CLI?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here you go... CLI command

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/cg_mesh.html#wp1851718

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By default, ClientLink is disabled.

Ok. So how and where does one enable it? Please don't say under wireless --> 802.11b/g/n --> network and 11n parameters as it does not appear.

It's only enabled or disabled from the CLI. I don't remember the command off hand.

-Scott

Here you go... CLI command

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/cg_mesh.html#wp1851718

-Scott

That's great. I guess Cisco decided to take it off the GUI for the new WiSMs. I'll give that a go. Thanks.

I believe it depends on the code you run. I thought with the newer code, it was enabled by default, but I could be wrong. Could you verify first I it's enabled by default?

-Scott

Well as I said we're running 7.2.103.0 and it looks like it's disabled by default still

Legacy Tx Beamforming setting.................... Disabled

Client Link v2 is enabled by default.  You still have to enable v1 for the non-3600 AP

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Yeah that is that is what I thought. It was ClientLink v2:) forgot about that!

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: