Problems on UCCX 7 restore from 4.5

Unanswered Question
Jul 27th, 2012

Hi,

I have an issue with the upgrade from UCCX to 7.0.1 SR5

I have a backup from 4.5 and I installed 7.0.1sr5 on a new machine.

The upgrade fails at 43% with the message:

Unable to contact Call Manager. Please make sure that the Call Manager is running and connected to the network com.cisco.archive.impl.component.config.ConfigArchiveComponent; nested exception is: com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException: Upgrade request error!; nested exception is: com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException: Heap Threshold value is not found in archive = application.MIVR.properties, refer to the MCVD logfiles for more details

com.cisco.archive.impl.ArchiveFailureException:

Unable to contact Call Manager. Please make sure that the Call Manager is running and connected to the network com.cisco.archive.impl.component.config.ConfigArchiveComponent
com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException: Upgrade request error!
com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException: Heap Threshold value is not found in archive = application.MIVR.properties

Any ideas?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chris Deren Fri, 07/27/2012 - 10:22

is the IP address and hostanme of the server the same as the old server?

Chris

eeelizondo Fri, 07/27/2012 - 10:24

Its the same, and on UCCX the host file is updated with hostname of CUCM.

Thanks in advance

anchoudh Fri, 07/27/2012 - 10:36

Hi Eeelizondo,

Did you take the backup of the CRS 4.5 SR2 ? Please confirm the exact version where the backup was taken.

I hope you have selected the correct CRS 4.5 Profile from the drop down list at 42% in the Restore Phase.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/installation/guide/uccx70ig.pdf

Also please disable the CSA before starting the restore.

Also please expaling the hardwares being used and the UCCX 7.0 version details...like any SR's...etc.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

eeelizondo Fri, 07/27/2012 - 10:47

Hi,

I took the backup from the CRS 4.5(2)SR02_Build014

I selected the correct profile version too, and i havent installed yet the CSA on the server.

The server is a MCS 7825-H3, and I install UCCX 7.0.1 with SR5.

Thanks

anchoudh Fri, 07/27/2012 - 10:51

Hi  Eeelizondo,

Please try restoring it on the Base Build of UCCX 7.0. DO not install any SR's, once the Restore is successful than you can apply the SR's.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

anchoudh Fri, 07/27/2012 - 10:42

Hi Eeelizondo,

One more point to note here,

Could you please try restoring the 4.5 backed up data on the UCCX 7.0 Base build (without any SR being installed).

Note:  Also please keep a backup of the upgarded Call Manager before  performing thie UCCX restore operation on 7.0, because as part of the  Restore it will ask you the CRS 4.5 profile (which resides in CUCM) from  the dropdown option at 42%, once it passes this phase any for some  reason if the Restore fails, you will not see this Profie in CUCM  anymore, it be converted to some alphanumeric profile which can not be  used again if you want to run the UCCX 7.0 restore one more time.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

eeelizondo Fri, 07/27/2012 - 10:52

I tried to do it without any SR, but i have the following error:

xception occured while contacting the Call Manager com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException:
Unable to process restore request; nested exception is:
com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException: Exception thrown while downloading Recordings to the
Recording Folder:C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop_Audio

Exception=com.cisco.archive.impl.ArchiveFailureException: Unable to contact Call Manager.
Please make sure that the Call Manager is running and connected to the network
com.cisco.wf.spanlinkBackupRestore.SLRcrdgArchiveComponent; nested exception is:
com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException: Unable to process restore request; nested exception
is:com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException: Exception thrown while downloading Recordings to the
Recording Folder:C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop_Audio

This is a registered Cisco Bug ID CSCsr56145

The workaround is to patch the 7.0(1) system with the latest Service Release (SR) and run the restore again.

I think i could try to do it with the SR1, what you think?

Thanks a lot!!

anchoudh Fri, 07/27/2012 - 10:55

Hi Eeelizondo,

Yes. Please try it on 7.0(1)SR1 .

Let me also update the other thread with this information, and thanks for letting us know about this defect.

Thanks,

Anand

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted July 27, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Stats:
Replies:8 Avg. Rating:
Views:445 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard