Helpful
Replies

COBRAS 7.0.120 - Permission denied issue while exporting messages

Mark Turpin
Level 5
Level 5

Unity 7.0.2.0

Exchange 2007 partner

Running a COBRAS export on a small install (~300 subscribers).  When I reach a certain subscriber and a certain voicemail in their mbox, the following error spits out:

7/29/2012 5:52:20 AM:             Message sent at: 4/17/2012 1:15:40 PM, Subject=FW: Voice Message from Doe, Jane (12345)

7/29/2012 5:52:20 AM: (error) -2147221246 (Method '~' of object '~' failed) in procedure ExportSubscriberMessages of Module modMessages

7/29/2012 5:52:20 AM: (error) 70 (Permission denied) in procedure ExportSubscriberMessages of Module modMessages

7/29/2012 5:52:20 AM: (error) 70 (Permission denied) in procedure ExportSubscriberMessages of Module modMessages

7/29/2012 5:52:21 AM: (error) could not delete temporary message file - another process may have it locked:D:\COBRAS Export for Unity\TMP_Msg\COBRAS_temp_Message.WAV

7/29/2012 5:52:21 AM:                  1 wav stream(s) found for message - appended to export

7/29/2012 5:52:22 AM: (warning) deleting file in temp folder:D:\COBRAS Export for Unity\TMP_Msg\COBRAS_temp_Message.WAV in SetupTempFolder on Module1:Permission denied

D: has over 100GB free space

There are no other COBRAS processes running

The user account running COBRAS has full permissions to the folder

** No other messages for this same user fail up until this particular voicemail **

After this error occurs, all messages after this point for this subscriber and then remaining subscribers, will error with this deletion failed message.

I have tried this while running an export on all subscribers and I've tried it running it on the one in question.  Even while exporting just the one subscriber, when it hits the Forwarded message from Jane Doe, it throws this error and the export chokes.

To workaround this issue as I don't have access to the subscriber's mailbox to temporarily delete/move this message...  I limited the scope of the export for this subscriber to 60 days, ran the export which ran fine and skipped over this message appropriately since it is >60 days old, imported the user, then proceeded to move on to the other users who are now exporting just fine.

I've seen two other posts on the forums that reference this permissions issue, but never a resolution.

Anyone have any thoughts?

--
-Mark Turpin

--
-Mark Turpin
6 Replies 6

Mark Turpin
Level 5
Level 5

I have found this error with four of the users.  It always occurs when COBRAS tries to export a forwarded message.

--
-Mark Turpin

--
-Mark Turpin

I am gettign the same message, was there a workaround for this problem?

Manny!  Whats up man? You can't figure this out?  haha!  Hope things are good ya slacker   Did you try the DRS Message Fisher application to extract the messages?  Hope that helps!!

We are trying to migrate a customer from Unity to Unity Connection with about 500 users, wouldn't that be a huge pain? The Cobras error pops up on a few users. i would think there should be a fix for Cobras

Try using cobras to export/import everything except for the messages for those affected users and then run the message fisher for those affected users only?  Just a possible option if there isn't any other workaround with COBRAS...

No, unfortunately.  I just had to limit the scope of the export range to less days than when the problem message appears, then separately export the user from the other users.

The most annoying thing was finding the problem messages when you'd be half way through an export.

Is your export also failing when it hits a forwarded message?

--
-Mark Turpin

--
-Mark Turpin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: