Views
Helpful
Replies

Session termination on workstation.

Dmitry Kishkin
Level 1
Level 1

Good day. I have problem.

Users complain if they leave at night the connection to the server, the connection is broken during the night. Use different protocols. Previously, this was not by their words. I have a question. Where can rupture the connection? I need to look in the configuration cisco or to set up the server itself? I beg your forgiveness for my English.

Thank you for help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

A switch does not terminate the connection.  The switch provides a path to the end points.  Unless the interfaces are going up and down then there should be no reason for any termination.

What it sounds like is timeout on the server, which sounds normal.  For securtity purposes there could be timeouts that require the user to log in after a certain length of time.  There are other times of inactivity that it could terminate the connections this way it will allow others to access and not lock anyone out.

If you can log into the switch and see that the interaces are not flapping then the issue is either with the client or the server, not the network.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

A switch does not terminate the connection.  The switch provides a path to the end points.  Unless the interfaces are going up and down then there should be no reason for any termination.

What it sounds like is timeout on the server, which sounds normal.  For securtity purposes there could be timeouts that require the user to log in after a certain length of time.  There are other times of inactivity that it could terminate the connections this way it will allow others to access and not lock anyone out.

If you can log into the switch and see that the interaces are not flapping then the issue is either with the client or the server, not the network.

thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card