CSS to transparent Proxy load-balancing

Unanswered Question
Jul 30th, 2012
User Badges:

We have a single bluecoat proxy that is exposed to internet ,  which we need to add another one and load balance traffic to both of them . The problem is that this traffic cannot be routed to proxy explicitly ( i.e not like the Ineternet Explorer ) so this loadbalancing has to be done blindly to the users .

So is there a way or another that I can loadbalance internet traffic to these proxies with an inline CSS or maybe L2 loadbalancing to the proxies without involving a VIP ?

I was thinking about making the CSS VIP the default gateway of the clients so that traffic hits by it and make the 2 proxies the two real servers behind this VIP but I'm not sure if this will hit through the rule before routing traffic or not .

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
sivaksiv Mon, 07/30/2012 - 12:23
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi,

Configuring a VIP with 2 proxies as real server is a good option and you just need to make sure the client is able to reach the VIP.

Regards,

Siva

Aabed Khalifa Tue, 07/31/2012 - 00:35
User Badges:

Thank you Sivak , I still don't get what you mean . Do you mean have the VIP the gateway of clients ?

sivaksiv Tue, 07/31/2012 - 04:01
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi,

Thats correct.

Regards,

Siva

Aabed Khalifa Tue, 07/31/2012 - 06:31
User Badges:

Thank you Gilles , I was hoping that YOU see and reply to this post

This sounds logical to remove the VIP , but I am not going to connect the CSS physically inline , I will make it the gateway of the clients so that all traffic hits by it and then by the rule .

Do you have concerns ?

Actions

This Discussion