cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS to transparent Proxy load-balancing

Aabed Khalifa
Level 1
Level 1

We have a single bluecoat proxy that is exposed to internet ,  which we need to add another one and load balance traffic to both of them . The problem is that this traffic cannot be routed to proxy explicitly ( i.e not like the Ineternet Explorer ) so this loadbalancing has to be done blindly to the users .

So is there a way or another that I can loadbalance internet traffic to these proxies with an inline CSS or maybe L2 loadbalancing to the proxies without involving a VIP ?

I was thinking about making the CSS VIP the default gateway of the clients so that traffic hits by it and make the 2 proxies the two real servers behind this VIP but I'm not sure if this will hit through the rule before routing traffic or not .

6 Replies 6

sivaksiv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Configuring a VIP with 2 proxies as real server is a good option and you just need to make sure the client is able to reach the VIP.

Regards,

Siva

Thank you Sivak , I still don't get what you mean . Do you mean have the VIP the gateway of clients ?

Hi,

Thats correct.

Regards,

Siva

check this solution :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/contnetw/ps789/products_configuration_example09186a0080093ff3.shtml

it should do what you need.

If you have any question on this, get back to us.

Gilles.

Thank you Gilles , I was hoping that YOU see and reply to this post

This sounds logical to remove the VIP , but I am not going to connect the CSS physically inline , I will make it the gateway of the clients so that all traffic hits by it and then by the rule .

Do you have concerns ?

no concern.  Should work as well.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: