Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 187 AND CUCM 8.5

Hi

We have installed one ATA 187 But we have one issue

When we recieve a fax(is not matter how many pages are) then the ATA it supposed to disconnect the call and then to wait for other fAX

Unfortunatelly we are recieving a busy signal after the first fax

Is any parameter that we have to change for that

Is look like the ATA doesnt understand that the call has disconnected

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
5 Replies 5

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

By default ATA 187 uses t.38 for faxing, can you change it to Pass Trough? I had a similar issue and that fixed it, I'm still not sure why that made a difference! What fax mchine are you using? Does it support G3 or SG3?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi jorge

I have changed in device phone from T38 to pass trhrought and also in the VG at dial peer from the ISP and also in the dial peer for CUCM

Nothing changed.When recieve the first fax after that we are geting busy tone

is not release the call

Fax machine  support G3

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Hi

I know this sounds odd, but try replacing the cable between the fax and ATA to one which just has the single pair wired up. I used to see a lot of odd issues similar to this one with FXS VICs where the cables that came with the fax (with two pairs cabled up) behaved oddly....

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi

I believe that i solved the problem

steps:

I have changed from T38 to pass throught in CUCM and in dial peers in VG

Upgrade ATA to 9.2.3 versiuon

Now the ATA After the first fax , disconnect the call and is available for other fax in 20 seconds

Thnak you for the replyies

Great news!

Please rate useful comments.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: