Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco video advantage issue

TY08
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i am having trouble to use video advantage to connect to ip phone. the phone has already been enabled for video, and software is installed on the computer accordingly. whenever i tried to connect to ip phone i always get the red line, disconnect.. but if i have my softphone and choose ip communicator on the same computer, everything works.

i don't understand where the problem is. can someone direct me to the right path?

thank you guys.

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

Do you have the computer plugged directly into the phone?

Does the phone show an image of a camera on the bottom right hand side of the screen?

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

hi david,

this for remote user, remote user connects to local router cisco 800 and it connects to office through site-to-site ipsec vpn. the 7942 phone connects and computer connects to the back of the cisco 800. from the computer, i can ping 3 different subnet to office with no problem, voice,data, cue. the video works fine when it connects to the ip communicator on the computer, but video advantage doesn't work to ip phone.

i have captured the debug from the video advantage software, but i can't read it and i don't where i should send the log to.

thanks

Hi There,

If I am not mistaken, in order for Video Advantage to work right the PC needs to be plugged into the back of the phone, it is the only way I have been able to get it to work, and this is why the CIPC works because it is local to the program and can detect it.

I am not entirley sure if it uses some form of communication to find it, give that a try and see if it works.

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: