cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPhone (Separate IM CLient with cross launch)

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the plan for Jabber for iPhone to have one single client like we have on Jabber for Windows 9.0.1 Build 8802?

I am running Jabber for iPhone version 8.6.5.18781 and I have to select phone contacts and then click CHAT button which launches Jabber for IM.

To me it is not optimal, as I like to see the presence of my contacts before I decide whether I should, call or chat (if they are on the phone), so this makes it so I have to launch a separate app, see they are Idle, and then go back and call on the other App.

I searched for threads on this, but only found this one:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3512644

Perhaps this is a well known function of the next version of Jabber for iPhone, but I am not informed about this.  If this is the case, where can I get informed?

If this is not public information, can someone give me a forward looking hint?

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We cannot discuss product roadmaps on a public forum. The decision to create the separation in the first place was to speed up development cycles; less code means less to test. Everyone agrees there should be one app but given the clamoring about how slow/behind Cisco is already they chose speed over ideal for now. I suggest re-asking your roadmap/timeline question somewhere that is covered by an NDA.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We cannot discuss product roadmaps on a public forum. The decision to create the separation in the first place was to speed up development cycles; less code means less to test. Everyone agrees there should be one app but given the clamoring about how slow/behind Cisco is already they chose speed over ideal for now. I suggest re-asking your roadmap/timeline question somewhere that is covered by an NDA.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks for your honest and fast reply, Jonathan.

It was one of those things where I felt like maybe I didnt know what was public, so I am glad you set my mind at ease there.

I will feel more comfortable that when I speak to customers, that I have this right and this is the latest.

My company does have EFT priviledge with Cisco (and visa versa) and I will leave the NDA stuff to them :-)  I am sure they will roll out any updates to me, as I work , live and play on a Cisco UC system all day and night.  I guess you can say, what Ed Carney always said to me when I worked for hom .."we eat our own dog food", and in this case, its the best solution, or I wouldnt be selling it ;-)

This is one area where it can be even better and I leave that to you.

Steve

Jon,

I am kinda happy the Jabber IM was separate here.

In fact, I'd ask you to review this and make sure going forward, I can always do this with no VPN requirement:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26327

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: