As of today we moved 2 Aironet access points in our business to empower wireless clients like macbooks, iphones and other devices. I have setup both access points the same way (though they are about 400meters apart from eachother) and configured them through the web interface.
The basics are
- 1 SSID name for both RADIOS (2.4/5)
- Authentication is set to AES/TKIP / Mandatory Enable WPA V2
- Least-Congested Frequency
- 20Mhz for 2.4 since 40mhz doesnt seem possible there
- 40Mhz above on 5ghz
All the other options i left to default.
Let me be clear that no other wifi signals are in the way, the clients im testing are about 5 meters away from the access point and that nothing else is really in the way aswell. The firmware seems to be c1140-k9w7-tar.124-21a.JA1
Now the thing is that it seems to work well, however, 2 problems:
1) every xx minutes clients seem to be dropped, this is what i see:
Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station f0cb.a188.3742 Reason: Sending station has left the BSS
Interface Dot11Radio0, Station f0cb.a188.3742 Associated KEY_MGMT[WPAv2 PSK]
Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station f0cb.a180.f6d3 Reason: Previous authentication no longer valid
Interface Dot11Radio0, Station b88d.1204.c2bc Reassociated KEY_MGMT[WPAv2 PSK]
2) The speed (the macbook air from 2011 doesnt seem to connect at 5ghz), stays around Transmit Rate: 104
So my questions are,
1) what can be causing the drop of a client like that?
2) Is it wise to have the same name for both radios?
3) Did i miss anything to speed up the rate?
Thank you for any help,