I have a Cisco Aironet 1130AG. I am trying to set this up for very basic home use. I want to use WPA2. I could of swore I'd done this before, but I can't for the life of me get it to work. Keep getting errors about requires of Open Authentication, EAP with WPA2, etc.
Either way, I'm frustrated with the GUI.
Does anyone have an example of a very basic config for an 1130 using WPA2?
On consumer wireless, it's WPA2 Personal (considering I'm not authentication against a server).
Thanks for any help.
In order to configure WPA2 on your autonomous access point using the GUI and only one SSID (no VLANs), you have to follow the following steps:
- Go to Security > Encryption Manager > Select Cipher > AES CCMP from the drop down menu > Apply
- Go to Security > SSID Manager > Select (or create) the SSID > Link the SSID to the radio that you want
- Open authentication should be selected
- Key Management should be set to Mandatory
- "Enable WPA" needs to be checked
- Enter the Pre-Shared Key on the "WPA Pre-shared Key" field.
- Scroll down and click on the first apply (not the bottom one).
After this if you want to broadcast the SSID then you should select the SSID from the "Set Single Guest Mode SSID" drop down menu found at the bottom of the case.
When everything is configured, you have to turn on the radios on Network Interfaces > Radio0 802.11G or Radio1 802.11A > Settings > Enable > Apply.
The issue that you may be having is that is that the access point will not let you enable WPA until you configure the encryption first so please make sure that the encryption is cofigured before enablind WPA.
Here is link that explains this very well:
Since you want to configure a pre-shared key you just have to go to the "Configure in Personal Mode" on the previous document.
I hope this helps you