cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2901 VK9

bsoth
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting mixed answers when trying to select the licensing for a new 2901 Vk9 router. Maybe someone here can help me get this together.

I ask what licensing I need to run CME on my 2901Vk9 router and I was told the VK9 only requires the IP Phone Licensing L-FL-CME-SRST-X.

I ask again and I am told that I also need FL-CME-SRST.

What do I need to run this Router as  a stand alone VoIP site that does not connect to any other UC node or server.

What is the UC License PAK

Cisco does a terrible job of making this clear...

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco assumes that a partner is generating the quote and explaining the line items on it to a customer. Partners have ordering guides that document this process.

The UC License is required to enable any voice-related functionality in IOS. This is included in the voice-bundle SKUs and will appear as a $0 line in DCT/MCT/Netformx. Some of the voice bundles will also include a quantity of CME/SRST phones (i.e. L-FL-CME-SRST-x). This is licensed in a right-to-use fashion (i.e. the licenses are not installed on the chassis) based on concurrently configured endpoints. L-FL-CME-SRST-x where x is the quantity of endpoints required.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco assumes that a partner is generating the quote and explaining the line items on it to a customer. Partners have ordering guides that document this process.

The UC License is required to enable any voice-related functionality in IOS. This is included in the voice-bundle SKUs and will appear as a $0 line in DCT/MCT/Netformx. Some of the voice bundles will also include a quantity of CME/SRST phones (i.e. L-FL-CME-SRST-x). This is licensed in a right-to-use fashion (i.e. the licenses are not installed on the chassis) based on concurrently configured endpoints. L-FL-CME-SRST-x where x is the quantity of endpoints required.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

So will either of these work in the same way/get same results?:

qty:

1-C2901 VK9

2- L-FL-CME-SRST-5

Is this the same as:

1 C2901-CME-SRST/K9

2 L-FL-CME-SRST-5

No,. trhey are not really the same thing.

What Jonathan is correctly suggesting, is that you engange an official Cisco reseller to generate the quote for you.

Can you do that ?

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Im really have the same issue, but I cant engange with an official cisco reseller or partner. im searching for something in web search engine.

I need cisco router 2900 platform with UC technology installed. now I recived the following offer-

- c2901-V/k9

- c2901-CME-SRST/K9

what should I choose ?? if someone can help me ...

As the P/N says, there is a version with CME license.

Note: if you insist working without a reputable consulant, or UC certfied Cisco partner, you risk to make many costly mistakes and not get good results.