cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2901 VK9

bsoth
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting mixed answers when trying to select the licensing for a new 2901 Vk9 router. Maybe someone here can help me get this together.

I ask what licensing I need to run CME on my 2901Vk9 router and I was told the VK9 only requires the IP Phone Licensing L-FL-CME-SRST-X.

I ask again and I am told that I also need FL-CME-SRST.

What do I need to run this Router as  a stand alone VoIP site that does not connect to any other UC node or server.

What is the UC License PAK

Cisco does a terrible job of making this clear...

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco assumes that a partner is generating the quote and explaining the line items on it to a customer. Partners have ordering guides that document this process.

The UC License is required to enable any voice-related functionality in IOS. This is included in the voice-bundle SKUs and will appear as a $0 line in DCT/MCT/Netformx. Some of the voice bundles will also include a quantity of CME/SRST phones (i.e. L-FL-CME-SRST-x). This is licensed in a right-to-use fashion (i.e. the licenses are not installed on the chassis) based on concurrently configured endpoints. L-FL-CME-SRST-x where x is the quantity of endpoints required.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco assumes that a partner is generating the quote and explaining the line items on it to a customer. Partners have ordering guides that document this process.

The UC License is required to enable any voice-related functionality in IOS. This is included in the voice-bundle SKUs and will appear as a $0 line in DCT/MCT/Netformx. Some of the voice bundles will also include a quantity of CME/SRST phones (i.e. L-FL-CME-SRST-x). This is licensed in a right-to-use fashion (i.e. the licenses are not installed on the chassis) based on concurrently configured endpoints. L-FL-CME-SRST-x where x is the quantity of endpoints required.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

So will either of these work in the same way/get same results?:

qty:

1-C2901 VK9

2- L-FL-CME-SRST-5

Is this the same as:

1 C2901-CME-SRST/K9

2 L-FL-CME-SRST-5

No,. trhey are not really the same thing.

What Jonathan is correctly suggesting, is that you engange an official Cisco reseller to generate the quote for you.

Can you do that ?

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Im really have the same issue, but I cant engange with an official cisco reseller or partner. im searching for something in web search engine.

I need cisco router 2900 platform with UC technology installed. now I recived the following offer-

- c2901-V/k9

- c2901-CME-SRST/K9

what should I choose ?? if someone can help me ...

As the P/N says, there is a version with CME license.

Note: if you insist working without a reputable consulant, or UC certfied Cisco partner, you risk to make many costly mistakes and not get good results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: