Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 maximum records in syslog report is 10,000

jedavis
Level 4
Level 4

LMS 4.2.1 W2K8 R2

I seem to be unable to generate a syslog report that contains > 10,000 records.  And I don't mean with run type immediate either.  I am scheduling them to run at the next 5 minute interval (incidentally, why not have an option that just says "run in background now"?  But I digress....)

I am facing an issue where a bunch of errors are being generated by a voice gateway and I want to determine when the problem started.  My syslog contains 7 days of records.  If I schedule a report to give me all syslog records for the last 1 week (or 7 days I have tried it both ways) for all devices at that location I get 10,000 records, and they are all for the current date.  If I schedule a report and select a date range in the past, I get records within that date range, but only 10,000.

Has anyone else run into this?

-Jeff

2 Replies 2

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think this should change what you want - if not, revert it to the default:

for security, make a backup of the following file and open it in a text editor:

NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes\com\cisco\nm\rmeng\csc\data\Collector.properties

change the following to a value that might fit your needs but be careful this can affect system performance:

QUEUE_CAPACITY=100000

save the file and restart the following syslog processes:

in a DOS box check the status of the following processes (they should be started) and restart them:

pdshow SyslogAnalyzer SyslogCollector

pdterm SyslogAnalyzer SyslogCollector

pdexec SyslogAnalyzer SyslogCollector

pdshow SyslogAnalyzer SyslogCollector

now, try to re-run your report.

Thanks for the suggestion Martin.  I tried changing it from 100,000 to 1,000,000 and it had no effect.  Still have a 10,000 record limit in the syslog reports.

I have a TAC case open on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: