Views
Helpful
Replies

CME international calls failing and using wrong dial-peer

branfarm1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

I'm having a problem where international calls will occasionally fail, and the user will get an "invalid number" recording.  After doing some debugs on the CME box, I found that international calls are matching against two dial-peers:

DP1:  destination pattern 9T

DP2:  destination pattern 9011T

For reference, DP1 is in place to allow users to make local calls without having to enter the area code, and it prepends the area code on the dial string. DP2 matches international exit code, and prepends 011 to the dial string.

So it seems like when the call fails, the call is initially going out using DP2, but is getting this message:

Aug  1 09:50:44 10.5.2.20 39164: .Aug  1 09:50:47.400 MDT: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x8084

Aug  1 09:50:44 10.5.2.20 39165:        Cause i = 0x8092 - No user responding

So then it tries the second matching dial-peer, DP1, but DP1 is set to prepend the area code, so I see the full dial-string with area code at the front, and of course I get an invalid number error:

Aug  1 09:50:44 10.5.2.20 39204: .Aug  1 09:50:47.508 MDT: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- PROGRESS pd = 8  callref = 0x8086

Aug  1 09:50:44 10.5.2.20 39205:        Cause i = 0x8081 - Unallocated/unassigned number

I'm assuming that there is some variable delay in the call setup process that is causing the occasional failures.   Based on that assumption, is there anything I can do to lengthen the amount of time CME will try and build the call using DP2 before it moves to DP1? Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look at the debug, how long does it take from the moment you send the SETUP until you get the DISCONNECT?

The reason code you're getting just means the other end won't pickup

No user responding. The number that is being dialed has an active  D-channel, but the far end chooses not to answer.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Thanks for the response.  So are you saying that the other end just isn't answering?  I would expect it to go to voicemail or something, or at least ring longer than we are waiting before the error message comes back.   Also, we can have the call fail on CME, then call with our cell phone and get connected -- so it's not like they aren't there to receive our call.

In regards to the debug -- I don't actually see a SETUP before the first disconnect, I only see a CALL_PROC. I've attached the debug for review.

Thanks,

Brandon