Views
Helpful
Replies

New number standard for Sao Paulo mobile phones

fassilva.ti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone, how are you?

In july 29, here in São Paulo - Brazil in our mobile phones was added a new digit. So, our pattern for mobile phones will be changed from [6-9]XXX-XXXX to 9XXXX-XXXX. Anyone have informations of how to update Call Manager (8.5) to be compliant with this?

I have created a new route pattern forwarding all 9XXXXXXXX, but the call cannot be completed. Seems which the call wasn't forwarded to the router? Anyone have more informations about this? How to do that?

I didn't make any changes in dial-peers configured into router. Maybe this is the issue? How can I create a dial-peer to allow this?

Thanks a lot!

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Build another POTS dial-peer such as:

dial-peer voice X pots

trunkgroup POTS (or port)

destination-pattern 9........

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind alert enable 8

forward-digits all

This assumes there is no other off-net access code i.e. 9 that you are using on your PBX.

Also use debug on the GW to determine what is being sent to telco, the command will vary depending on what type of circuit you have.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I just created the dial-peer, but seems which the calls don't leave the call manager, I receive a message saying "You call cannot be completed as dialed..."

Do you have another clue?

Thanks

Post "debug voice dialpeer" from the GW as the message does not imply the call does not leave CUCM.

Have you tried Dialed Number analyzer in CUCM to see what CUCM think it does?

Chris

Hi Chris,

I did a new test and while this I ran the command "sh voice call status" and I can see which the number is dialed as 9XXXXXXX (8 digits only, instead of 9). Call Manager or gateway is dropping the last digit.

I need to change anything else?

After put the dial-peer, I need to make any other procedure?

Thanks

Use DNA in CUCM to see if you perhaps have other overlapping patterns that match this first, or review your existing route patterns to spot another one, i.e. 9XXXXXXX on top of the 9XXXXXXXX you just added, or anything else that might create overlap, i.e. 9[2-9]XXXXXX, etc.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Using DNA I can see which this route pattern is being used correctly. Seems something when CUCM transfer the call to router.

Thanks

Can you post your configuration from dial peer and "debug voice dialpeer" along with "debug isdn q931" (if using PRI)

Chris

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Fernando

My old Route pattern for local calls in Sao Paulo

0.[6-9]XXXXXXX#

discard predot

I had the dia-peer

destination-pattern [6-9].......

With new digit on Mobile phone for region 11 (São Paulo), just set up the new route pattern:

Route-pattern 0.9[6-9]XXXXXXX#

discard predot

match with Dial-peer

destination-pattern 9[6-9].......

Remember the access code used for outside dial tone

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: