cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320w for a client with 21 extensions

alangoh27
Level 1
Level 1

A partner has asked about a UC320w for a client with 21 extensions and 8 SIP trunks. I know that the max is 24 extensions but I'd like to know if 21 will be an issue? also can it have 8 SIP trunks? Thanks

3 Replies 3

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Alan,

8 sip trunks are not supported.  The UC320W can support up to 4 different SIP trunks.  Each SIP trunck can have multiple DID number associated with it.

Does your partner actually need 8 different SIP trunks or a single SIP trunk with 8 DID numbers associated with it?

21 extensions are supported, Please confirm how many concurrent calls the customer would need. Of course the appropriate bandwidth would be required to support the number of concurrent calls.

Regards,

Randy

I know that 21 extensions is supported, but is it recommended.

I've been told that around 12 is the optimum number.

Hi Alan,

12 is the maximum amount of concurrent calls the UC320W can support.  I will recommend 21 extensions if the amount of concurrent calls is 12 or less.

The 12 concurrent calls can be via a SIP trunk(s) or a combination of UC320W and 2 SPA8800 each with a maximum of 4 FXO ports (12 total).

I hope that answers your question.

Regards,

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: