Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Ipad Corporate Directory

Rod.Blackie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We don't use LDAP on our UCM enviroment and rely on the UCM corporate directory for users lookups. How can I get the Ipad Jabber UCM funciton to use the UCM server to do corporate directory lookups? is ths possible?

Thanks

Rod

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No - all the Jabber clients require LDAP currently except for Jabber on Windows.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No - all the Jabber clients require LDAP currently except for Jabber on Windows.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Arron,

Re UCM and LDAP is the best way to set up UCM to query AD and then configure the LDAP info for AD on the jabber client ?

Thanks

Rod

Hi

Yes - that way you can be sure that the users in CUCM match those in LDAP, and users can log in with their AD credentials. If you also have voicemail and that is LDAP synced, then Jabber can be configured to use those same credentials and this all makes it easier for users.

I would also strongly recommend that you use sAMAccountName as the UserID field - to do otherwise is confusing for users, though lots of systems do this to make logging in via EM easier.

Aaron

Thanks Arron - appreciate the response.

We currently have user id's on UCM set as rblackie (for example) and on AD it's rod_blackie

If I configure LDAP sync between UCM and AD will it overright the current UCM database or will it add the additional ad users?

Just trying to figure out the best approach as I've got different usernames on both systems

PS - Love the IPcommute image applicaiton for phones.

Rod

Hi Rod

If you turn on AD sync it will:

- Set any CUCM users that don't match AD users as 'inactive', then delete them after a while

- If user IDs happen to match, the AD user is 'merged' with the old CUCM user, so that user maintains associations, groups,non-AD properties etc and just starts using their AD password.

- Any users in AD that don't match users in CUCM are created in CUCM, but do not have any rights (i.e. no group membership, phone assocs etc) so can't do anything until you configure them.

Basically once AD is integrated, all users come from AD and you cannot add local CCM 'End Users' any more.

My process for getting these systems integrated is generally to produce a mapping list of the users in CUCM to their actual users in AD, then programatically rename the users. I then run some custom tools to validate that each CUCM user exists in AD, and then turn on the sync when I'm satisfied.

Glad you find the phone customizer useful!

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: