USB to Com port adapter?

Unanswered Question
Aug 4th, 2012


My laptop doesn't have a com port on it to use a roll over cable, what is the com ports actual name so I can google for an adapter?  I guess the best place to buy one is amazon or ebay?


  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Andrew Battersby Sat, 08/04/2012 - 10:28

Just search for "console to usb adapter"

Thats what you'll need.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

nkarthikeyan Sat, 08/04/2012 - 22:29

Hi Andy,

Please refer the above link there you can find one USB com port adapter available in ebay. Also you can try USB Serial Adapter in google and find out the other options.

Also you can get from every Laptop Manufacturers as well like lenovo,dell,hp,apple.... etc. They do have their own USB serial adapters.

Please do rate if the given information helps.



singhaam007 Thu, 09/20/2012 - 19:07

Hi Andy,

If you go to any Electronic  store and ask for USB to serial adapter. It will be cheap not that expensive,

Then use normal console cable with it and you all ready to go.

Remember to install drivers before use.

Please rate if it helps



This Discussion

Related Content