Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost scheduled meeting list on Cts Midlet

Bar1s
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Customer noticed when they did manual call after that scheduled meeting list losing on the midlet menu.

Meeting list not appear until someone schedule new meeting.

Is there any idea for this weird problem ?

Regards,

Baris.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Paul Stojanovski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Baris,

It's tough to say without many of the background questions Paula has asked. I will say that in my experience I have often seen this type of issue occur if the endpoint was managed by both a TMS and CTS Manager. You can only have the endpoint setup for one or the other, not both.

Cheers,

Paul

View solution in original post

Hi Baris,

So you have a deployment with both TMS and CTS-Man managing the same endpoints? That is not going to work very well, as both management systems will push conflicting calendar items to the endpoints, and potentially "fight" for their feedback addresses. This is not a supported setup.

-Kjetil

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Paula Talamo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Baris,

• Is this a new install?
  • What model of CTS?
  • What version of code for the CTS and CTS-Manager?
  • When you say "they did manual call", do you mean they lifted the handset and made the call or used the "New Call" button?
  • Were there already scheduled meetings for that system within the next 14 days?
  • Was there an error on the phone display?
  • When you say "scheduled meeting list losing on the midlet menu", do you mean you did not see the scheduled meetings displayed even though the midlet interface was still displaying or you saw nothing like this image?

It is hard to tell with the current information whether midlets were still displaying at all but the phone was at a different screen or whether any scheduled meetings for the next 2 weeks existed at all to display on the phone. Have a look at the Troubleshooting the Cisco TelePresence System Phone guide.

Thanks,

Paula

Paul Stojanovski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Baris,

It's tough to say without many of the background questions Paula has asked. I will say that in my experience I have often seen this type of issue occur if the endpoint was managed by both a TMS and CTS Manager. You can only have the endpoint setup for one or the other, not both.

Cheers,

Paul

Hello Paula,

Sorry for my English, I will fix soon.

So I wrote answers,

• Is this a new install? Its not.
  • What model of CTS? Cts 3000, 1100 and 500.
  • What version of code for the CTS and CTS-Manager? Cts 1.9.1 and Ctsman 1.9.0
  • When you say "they did manual call", do you mean they lifted the handset and made the call or used the "New Call" button? Every user have knowledge of Cts usage. So they just doing manual call over Midlet.
  • Were there already scheduled meetings for that system within the next 14 days? Yes, They scheduling current work week meeting. Ctsman setup meeting list for 14 days.
  • Was there an error on the phone display? Midlet active and Just empty Schedule meeting list.
  • When you say "scheduled meeting list losing on the midlet menu", do you mean you did not see the scheduled meetings displayed even though the midlet interface was still displaying or you saw nothing like this image? Midlet active and there are scheduled meetings but meeting list is empty. If someone schedule new meeting all meeting list coming to midlet.

Hello Paul,

Yes Cts endpoints managed both Ctsman and Tms (13.1.2). But They are using Tms for viewing.

It could be reason our problem. We will try and I will update this topic.

Regards,

Baris.

Hi Baris,

So you have a deployment with both TMS and CTS-Man managing the same endpoints? That is not going to work very well, as both management systems will push conflicting calendar items to the endpoints, and potentially "fight" for their feedback addresses. This is not a supported setup.

-Kjetil

Thanks All,

Problem solved.

Regards,

Baris.

Baris,

I have a similar loss of midlet menu on my CTS that is managed only by TMS.  The bottom of the phone now says "No Conference Scheduled".  To get the midlet back you have to press the manual softkey.  Can you tell me how you solved your issue?

I was able to fix this by resyncing the CTS-MAN to Exchagne.

we're also migrating from CTS-MAN to TMS and wanted to test. After schedulign a test meeing from TMS the midlet stopped showing any of the former CTS-MAN meetings

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/cts_admin/cts_troubleshooting/cts_trbl_app_a_ctsman.html

Meeting information is retrieved via processing room notifications from a  Microsoft Exchange or an IBM Domino Calendar server. A notification is  generated when a meeting is added, modified, or deleted.

The Cisco TelePresence Manager database is periodically synchronized  with the Calendar server to retrieve and maintain room schedules.  Synchronization resolves any problems that might have occurred when  Exchange or Domino connectivity was not available and notifications were  not received. If required, you can also trigger a manual  synchronization of the room meeting schedule using the Re-sync Operation  in the Microsoft Exchange or IBM Domino window.

Meeting information is stored in the database, and the Room Phone UI  service is notified when it is time to send the meeting schedule to the  CTS Cisco Unified IP Phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: