Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 9.0 and UCM 8.6

Ruterford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a question if UCM 9.0 license calculation is different than  for 8.6 .

If I have following license calculation for 8.6, then would it change somehow if I propose the same for UCM 9?

CUCM-USR-LIC1Top Level Sku For User License1
MIG-CUCM-USR400Upgrade ala carte CM to ENH USR, 1 User400
UCSS-UCM-3-1400UCSS for UCM User for three Year - 1 users400
UCM-7825-802CUCM 8.0 78252
CUCM-PAK1Include PAK Auto-expanding PAK for CUCM1
CUCM-USR800Include PAK Auto-expanding User for CUCM800
LIC-CUCM-USR-A400Unified Communications Manager Enhanced Single User-Under 1K400
UCM-7825-80-UKIT1CUCM 8.0 Upgrade Media Kit1
UCSS-UCM-PAK1Include PAK Auto-expanding UCSS PAK for CUCM1
CON-ESW-CUCMUSR1CSSP ESS SW Top Level Sku For User License1
CON-ESW-EUSRA11200CSSP ESS SW Unified Comm Mgr Enh Sngle User Under 1K1200
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The licensing programs have not changed since 7.1(5) / 8.0(2). This is to say that there are User Connect Licensing or Unified Workspace Licensing. The table above shows UCL licenses. What the user is entitled to use remains the same. The only difference is that CUCM and CXN 9.0 begin properly enforcing these licenses. In 8.6 and earlier the software was still tracking licenses by the legacy DLU model. The disconnect between provisioned DLUs and purchased UCL/UWL licenses allowed the customer to deviate from what they actually purchased. That will no longer be the case in 9.0.

I know that there is no direct upgrade option available but I am wondering if I can purchase above listed and then just install clean system using above quoted SKUs.

Sure. If you install a new CUCM 9.0 cluster and activate the licenses shown above in ELM you can use them.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ruterford
Level 1
Level 1

I would also like to know if there is any way to purchase above listed upgrade SKUs and perform upgrade from 5.x to 8.x

I know that there is no direct upgrade option available but I am wondering if I can purchase above listed and then just install clean system using above quoted SKUs.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The licensing programs have not changed since 7.1(5) / 8.0(2). This is to say that there are User Connect Licensing or Unified Workspace Licensing. The table above shows UCL licenses. What the user is entitled to use remains the same. The only difference is that CUCM and CXN 9.0 begin properly enforcing these licenses. In 8.6 and earlier the software was still tracking licenses by the legacy DLU model. The disconnect between provisioned DLUs and purchased UCL/UWL licenses allowed the customer to deviate from what they actually purchased. That will no longer be the case in 9.0.

Sure. If you install a new CUCM 9.0 cluster and activate the licenses shown above in ELM you can use them.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.