Helpful
Replies

Setup URL redirection after connecting to WLAN

huwyhuwy123
Level 1
Level 1

hi there,

Sorry a different question to my last.

I have a wlc 5508 and I'd like to setup a network for visitors.

They will connect to the WLAN, enter a password and then automatically get redirected to an external website.

I understand the wlc 5508 supports this but I'm struggling to find out how to set this up - can anyone help? I assume this can be done without having to customise webauth bundles?

Cheers,

Al

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do this by using the default internal webauth templates in the wlc. Here is a link to a doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008067489f.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can do that from:

Security-> WebAuth -> Web login page.

then configure the "Redirect URL after login".

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Hi,

This is correct for a global policy. I mean for all the WLANs of the WLC.

But is it possible to specify a different redirect URL for each WLAN?

For example:

enterprise-WLAN -> redirect -> enterprise intranet

public-WLAN -> redirect -> enterprise public website (or google or whatever).

I tried with external auth, internal auth, web-bundle, I did not found how to make it.

Thank you

Jerome

You can do that from under WLAN cofnig -> Security -> Layer 3. for external servers only. not for the internal page..

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

As you already said that this is global policy. It is not possible to redirect on different URL for different WLAN.      

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

It can only be used for external servers but cannot be used for the internal server authentication.

Hope this will help you.

The answer is yes, and no.

So you can do a per WLAN redirect, but you have to do custome pages for each WLAN.  You can specify the redirect URL in the HTML configuration

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Yes Stephen, you are right. Since my last post I find how to do the trick with the redirect URL into the HTML code of the landing page, and it works very well.

Cisco should add this option in a future WLC release. It's more comfortable to do it on the WLC GUI than changing HTML code in VI

Best Rgds,

Jerome

Hi Stephen,
sorry for bringing this up again.
Could you maybe explain to me, how to create custome pages for each wlan?

Thank you in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card