Views
Helpful
Replies

C20 vs LG 50PA5500 simplink/CEC issue

Balazs Balogh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Please help me the following issue. I don't wanna open a TAC case for this...

So Our Customer has a Cisco C20 (tc5.1.3) with 2 LG 50PA5500. The problem is that the codec could not switch off the television after you goes stand by, you just only get the blank screen for 3 seconds and after get the "no signal" LG magic cube or what :-)

After 10 or 15 minutes i don't know exactly the TV goes switch off. I think this is a factory settings and I could not modify this time setting :-(

Codec/TV settings:

I set the HDMI CEC: on both outputs in the codec.

I set the simplink ON in the TVs.

The switch on is works correctly, If you switch off the TV manually with remote control the Cisco is able to wake up the TV. So this way is works correctly but the switch off is no.

The question is that will be any solution in the next tc release (6.0) for this LG issue or not?

Please advise,

BR

Balázs

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

An other good point to search is the bug toolkit:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/launch_bugtool.pl

I briefly looked but did not find something which would fit your issue.

Neither in the TC5 release notes I did not find anything corresponding to this issue.

But what did LG say besides "try a new firmware".

I had red things about  monitors where the pc port or disabled overscan  disabled cec, ...

With integration issues its always the trouble even to find out who is the misbehaving one.

Is the C20 the only connected system? I would disconnect everything else and try a different

input port.

Unless you get a better answer I would recommend is to escalate this case

as a service request towards Cisco TAC.

Balázs: Please rate the answers!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

searching the forum or the internet is always a good start:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2114859?tstart=0

so it seems to be an issue with the lg simplink.

Did you check if there is a firmware upgrade for the tv? always worth trying.

besides that, always check upfront or recomend screens to customers or tell

him the possible limitations, ...

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the quick response. Yes i know that google is my friend and i search the forum discussions but i don't find this post. Sorry, although, the last response in this post was in november and they talked about tc4.2.1 software. Since then it was 6 or 7 updates, right?

"This, of course, does not only apply to the C20, but C series in general - I'm told Cisco is raising this issue with LG."

Anyway, i have already talked the LG support about firmware and simplink. I got the newest firmware for this TV, but is not solved my problem. :(

So, cisco won't solve my problem in the next tc release, right?

LG said the Cisco will solve this problem, and Cisco said LG will solve this problem....

An other good point to search is the bug toolkit:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/launch_bugtool.pl

I briefly looked but did not find something which would fit your issue.

Neither in the TC5 release notes I did not find anything corresponding to this issue.

But what did LG say besides "try a new firmware".

I had red things about  monitors where the pc port or disabled overscan  disabled cec, ...

With integration issues its always the trouble even to find out who is the misbehaving one.

Is the C20 the only connected system? I would disconnect everything else and try a different

input port.

Unless you get a better answer I would recommend is to escalate this case

as a service request towards Cisco TAC.

Balázs: Please rate the answers!

Yes, just the C20 system is connected. I have already tried the other hdmi port but the problem is same.

Thank You for your help!

You are welcome! +5 for the feedback, thats important in the forum as well.

Let us know in the future if you did anything more (like escalate it to tac) and if you found a solution!

LG is using their own "non standard" commands for CEC, that's why we're going with Sharp LC70LE735X LCD/LED these days, CEC works fine with C-series with this.

Also see

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2114859?tstart=0

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: