Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Differences between CTI OS Server and CTI Server ?

Answered Question
Aug 7th, 2012
User Badges:

Hello community,

I've been working with CTI Desktop for a while but I'm not clear about the differences between CTI OS Server and CTI Server?

If you go to http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCE_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_8.5(x) and read note 10, they make diffrences between both products.

Thanks in advance,

Alejandro

Correct Answer by villarrealed about 5 years 1 week ago

CTI Server was the original CTI interface into ICM.  It uses a network communication protocol, GED-188 I believe, for communication between the client and server.  This is relatively difficult to program against.  CTIOS and it's related SDKs were developed to provide an easier method of developing desktops and integrating desktop applications.  CTI Server communicates with ICM, CTIOS Server communicates with CTI Server, and desktop applications using the various SDKs communicate with CTIOS Server.  Cisco may be looking to get away from CTIOS Server in the future because of their decision to integrate Finesse with CTI Server rather than CTIOS Server.  Hope that helps.

Correct Answer by Muhammad Amir Raza about 5 years 1 week ago

Hi,

Clients (Agent Desktop) communicate with CTIOS Server, CTIOS Server talks to CTI Server and CTI Server talks to CUCM PG and PG connects to ICM Router for a succesful agent login.

CTIOS Client >>>> CTIOS Server >>>> CTI Server >>>> CUCM PG >>>> ICM Router   

Thanks,

MAR

Overall Rating: 4.9 (7 ratings)
Correct Answer
Muhammad Amir Raza Tue, 08/07/2012 - 07:02
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi,

Clients (Agent Desktop) communicate with CTIOS Server, CTIOS Server talks to CTI Server and CTI Server talks to CUCM PG and PG connects to ICM Router for a succesful agent login.

CTIOS Client >>>> CTIOS Server >>>> CTI Server >>>> CUCM PG >>>> ICM Router   

Thanks,

MAR

Correct Answer
villarrealed Tue, 08/07/2012 - 11:21
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

CTI Server was the original CTI interface into ICM.  It uses a network communication protocol, GED-188 I believe, for communication between the client and server.  This is relatively difficult to program against.  CTIOS and it's related SDKs were developed to provide an easier method of developing desktops and integrating desktop applications.  CTI Server communicates with ICM, CTIOS Server communicates with CTI Server, and desktop applications using the various SDKs communicate with CTIOS Server.  Cisco may be looking to get away from CTIOS Server in the future because of their decision to integrate Finesse with CTI Server rather than CTIOS Server.  Hope that helps.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content