Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS and VCS Data replication failing

I am running into a problem trying to get authentication working between my TMS 13.2 server and my VCS Controller and Expressway running 7.1 code.

I need to authenticate to the TMS with no integration to AD or LDAP at present.

It was working a while ago, but I am noticing in the logs that that stoppped around the time I created accounts on the Expressway to allow for some external users to register to the Expresway. 

I have tried repeatedly to get TMS to replicate down to the VCS Controller but with each time it get to the following messages:

8/6/2012 4:36:39 PMFailed to clear replication setup on 'vcs01'
8/6/2012 4:36:40 PMFailed to enable TMS agent data replication for 'vcs01'
8/6/2012 4:36:40 PMThe event failed to complete. Details: TMS agent data replication setup failed for the following system(s): vcs01

Did I shoot myself in the foot with the external users on the VCS Expressway/Control?

I am trying to get the new jabbertablet to work and when I have the username and passwords right, I am getting a server not found error.

Is there something that I can do on the VCS to get this working?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Richard,

try performing the below steps.

1. SSH to the VCS Control, log in as root.

2. Execute the following command:

/etc/init.d/S77provisioning stop

3. Wait for 1 minute, then execute the following commands:

/etc/init.d/S76opends stop

/etc/init.d/S76opends start

/etc/init.d/S77provisioning start

Please paste the error what you get while running this commands.

another thread with opends related issue. you will get this commands here as well.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2117530

if it doesn't work then do let us know.

Thanks

Alok

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Richard!

OpenDS can be a bit complicated if you use more then one VCS or have firewalls in between VCSs&TMS.

In general its a full mesh in between all TMS, VCSs running the Tms agent.

I do not know your deployment, provisioning on the VCS-E can work fine, but its often not needed,

provisioning for the same domain shall also only be done with one VCS(cluster), to use findme

on the VCS-E might be more common.

Remember that you have to add the jabbertablet device xml and configure the settings as well.

You might want to look into if the TMSPE could help you in your deployment. I would guess so.

What to do? Configure it correctly! :-)

As it is highly depended on your deployment I would recommend to reach out to a cisco partner

to review your setup and fix/suggest/configure the best solution for you.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Richard,

Configuring a account on expressway has nothing to do with replication between TMS and VCS. if the replication has been broken then it has something else..

you can try disabling the replication then purge the opends on VCS control and re-enable the replication. Please note purging opends on VCS control remove all cahced provisioned data on VCS control.

"tmsagent_destroy_and_purge_data" command needs to be run from root login.

If you have any query to do this i would recommend you to open a TAC case.

server not found could be for multiple reasons! first fix the opends thing and then check if you can register your jabber video from window machine. after that go for jabber tablet.

as Martin mentioned you need to upload the xml template for jabber template available on cisco site and configure the necessary settings.

Thanks

Alok

Alok,

thank you for the suggestion. 

One thing before I try this, do I have to also make sure that the tmsagent_replication_passwd and the tmsagent_ldap_passwd are set back to the default TANDBERG?

I have set these two passwords in TMS to somthing different.

Alok,

Tried the tmsagent_destroy_and_purge_data but there was an error in the process at the point of indexing.

Hi Richard,

try performing the below steps.

1. SSH to the VCS Control, log in as root.

2. Execute the following command:

/etc/init.d/S77provisioning stop

3. Wait for 1 minute, then execute the following commands:

/etc/init.d/S76opends stop

/etc/init.d/S76opends start

/etc/init.d/S77provisioning start

Please paste the error what you get while running this commands.

another thread with opends related issue. you will get this commands here as well.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2117530

if it doesn't work then do let us know.

Thanks

Alok

After all of that I then sutdown -h now the VCS and rebooted.

Everything is not replicated.

Thanks for the help.

Alok,

When you disable and re-enable replication from the Local TMS Agent to the Remote TMS Agent on the  VCS, we 'nuke' all the data in the Remote TMS Agent db, re-send it and then re-index it. Therefore, there's no need to SSH into the VCS and run the "tmsagent_destroy_and_purge_data" command, if all your wanting to do is ensure data integrity.

And I second what Martin says concerning taking a look at TMSPE

rgds,

Dale

I would recomend taking a backup of the Provisioning database using the vcs-webinterface.

Also be reminded that findme settings (like which devices shall ring) will be killed by that.

Is TMSPE a free license upgrade for those of us that have had TMS for a while and have maintenance contracts?

No only for myself but for my customers that started with 13.0 and PE was not an option.

hehe, I red your whitepaper recently, I lack a view on the limitations

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi the purge and destroy will automatically reset the password to TANDBERG.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: