Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client connection

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Experts

I Have asa 5520 terminate the remote access VPN Connection,when successfully   connect to my corporate Network and try to copy a file(30MB) from the share to my PC ,it takes around 2 Hours or it disconnect ,what is the root cause of this issue , and how to solve it

what is the speed of the vpn client once y connected to the corporate over the Internet ?at my home i have 512 ADSL while at my corporate we have 155Mbps Internet speed

thanks

jamil

1 Reply 1

mwinnett
Level 3
Level 3

Jamil, windows file share (cifs) is a very chatty lan protocol and can take an inordinate amount of time over a wan. I would suggest by starting by using ftp and see how that compares to transfer the same file. If ftp take a similar time, then you will need to get wireshark or similar and take a look. Check for dropped packets, retransmissions etc. IPsec, like anything else, can only go as fast as the slowest link it traverses. Its a good idea to ensure that you avoid fragmentation where possible.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk827/tk369/technologies_white_paper09186a00800d6979.shtml

Matthew