cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1142 Aironet won't join wireless controller

mpugina63
Level 1
Level 1

I have one more issue that I would be  extremely grateful for help with. When I check the AP join statistics I  see the following:

Reason For Last Unsuccessful Attempt    RADIUS authorization is pending for the AP

I don't run a radius server and don't know how to get around this so that the device can join.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

4 Replies 4

mpugina63
Level 1
Level 1

I have more information that might be helpful:

I have a 4402 controller. I have further seen that the 1142 is somehow in mesh(bridge mode) and as such wont attach to the controller be cause the controller wants its mac address for authentication against a radius server. I added its mac in AP policy under security, but it now wants AAA authentication.

Can you please post the outputs to the following commands:

1.  WAP:  sh version;

2.  WAP:  sh inventory;

3.  WLC:  sh sysinfo

you only add a mac filter for the AP mac address in the mac filter list. This will make the AP to join. Then after the AP joins you can move its mode from bridge to local mode.

Some APs shipped in bridge mode. I don't know why. But for them to join you need to add the mac address in the mac filter list.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/cg_mesh.html#wp1855153

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

I had 3 this week that were configured in bridge mode. If you console into the ap it will actually say "mesh" in the boot up. I do recall reading that you can order them in bridge mode. Although I know our order want ordered that way.

The other thing Ive been seeing is the service provider string on access points.

http://www.my80211.com/did-you-know/2012/3/3/cisco-ap-vci-60-serviceprovider.html

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: