cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point Recommendation

Terp84Alum
Level 1
Level 1

My customer owns a coffee shop that offers free wifi to their customers. Right now, I have all residential Linksys stuff deployed but am upgrading to the Cisco RV180 router. I was going to use Unifi access points but don't want to use a controller as no dedicated PC will be on the free wifi subnet. Unfortunately, the Unifi APs were less than $100 each. My customer cannot afford the Aironet models. Cisco has a WAP line. Are they any good? Past that, any othe manufacturers in the $100 or so range? Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Ken
2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'd probably check out the WAP121. It should be just a bit over $100 but I don't think a lot more.

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Sounds good. I'm thinking I'll leave the Linksys WRT54G access points in place until I get the RV180 settled in and working. As easy as my setup appears to be, I'm unfortunately not expecting the swap to go quiclky and seemlessly. Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Ken
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: