Accepted Solutions

Hi George

from ex-series_administrator_guide_tc5.1.pdf

br Oleksandr

View solution in original post

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

> What is the difference between setting that at 4Mbps vs 6Mbps or even 2.5Mbps for that matter.

This is more on user experience.

If you have more motion entire capturing video image (i.e. a lot of movement front of main camera) instead of quite still image, then require higher bandwidth for full picture update.

Also higher bandwidth connection allow to settle down the full picture (again this is very depend of expectation and experience as talking about few seconds difference).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi George

from ex-series_administrator_guide_tc5.1.pdf

br Oleksandr

Thanks Oleksandr, The 4Mbps and 6Mbps has pretty much the same resolution. What is the difference between setting that at 4Mbps vs 6Mbps or even 2.5Mbps for that matter.

Please rate useful posts.

In general the more bandwidth and the better the light / background is the better the picture will be.

The background / light part is also reflected by the  "Normal" "Medium" "High" info in the table.

In a generic office you are better of with "normal"

Its also worth testing with the people using it, I often see people which cry loud they need hd

but do not even notice if its a 576p call or they have a window with bright light in the back,

a shaky desk where it is placed on or something else what ruins the quality.

Also consider the remote side, if you have a lot of calls to home offices behind slow adsl

or jabbervideo tablet users on a 3g link the quality will never be great.

So there is a lot of stuff to improve besides the bandwidth :-)

Anyhow, for a "normal" deployment I would use 0.768 for standard calls, >=1.5 for 720p and >>2.5mbit for 1080p

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

My thought on the difference from 2.5Mbps vs 6Mbps having the same resolutions, is that even though they are all the same resolution, they wanted to show the call rate and resolution information in the table just to cover the full range of the codec's call rate up it's maximum.

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

> What is the difference between setting that at 4Mbps vs 6Mbps or even 2.5Mbps for that matter.

This is more on user experience.

If you have more motion entire capturing video image (i.e. a lot of movement front of main camera) instead of quite still image, then require higher bandwidth for full picture update.

Also higher bandwidth connection allow to settle down the full picture (again this is very depend of expectation and experience as talking about few seconds difference).

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Not to forget that, if you have a second stream and wish to maintain same video resolution for main stream, then the call rate has to be higher to take into account of the second stream cause bandwidth will be split (based on yoir configuration) betweeen the main and 2nd channel.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: