Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS Servers CAN BootUp Automatic ?

Hi

We are wondering if exist a workaround for BootUP Automatic MCS servers when we have a power failure

Is possible to boot auto these servers?

Regards

cc

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
6 Replies 6

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

For MCS , I dont think we have any option to make it auto boot after power failure. You have to manaully start it.

Regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi CC,

We have Automatic Server restart feature [ASR] available on MCS IBM servers.This option appears in BIOS setup [u need to enter into it and enable this option].I have checked on MCS IBM servers and it works.

Please check out and let me know.

regds,

aman

My understanding of ASR is not that it will boot up a server that has lost power but rather, "The Automatic Server Restart event occurs when the operating system locks up and no longer responds. Subsequently, a system restart (reboot) begins."

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/eserver/v1r2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fdiricinfo%2Ffqm0_r_events_cim_system_automatic_server_restart.html

If you've tested this though by pulling the power from a server and it did boot up again only with that setting enabled that's good to know.

Hi

Thnak you AMAN nad JOE for your Replies

I will check it and i will return back with a feedback

I will rate your posts if its worked

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Hi,

have you checked the ASR feature after power failure?

yes it works.

after the power fails and power supply is connected with ASR set and power comes , the server boots UP

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: