I'm getting CRC errors on one of my serial interfaces:
#sh int Serial0/0/0:1
Serial0/0/0:1 is up, line protocol is up
Hardware is Serial
MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1536 Kbit/sec, DLY 20000 usec,
reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 21/255
Encapsulation PPP, LCP Open, multilink Open
Link is a member of Multilink bundle Multilink1, loopback not set
Keepalive set (10 sec)
Last input 00:00:00, output 00:00:00, output hang never
Last clearing of "show interface" counters 17:20:42
Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
Queueing strategy: weighted fair [suspended, using FIFO]
FIFO output queue 0/40, 0 drops
5 minute input rate 132000 bits/sec, 18 packets/sec
5 minute output rate 9000 bits/sec, 11 packets/sec
756027 packets input, 733579767 bytes, 0 no buffer
Received 0 broadcasts (0 IP multicasts)
2123 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
2660 input errors, 532 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 5 abort
508136 packets output, 77127054 bytes, 0 underruns
0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets
0 unknown protocol drops
0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out
0 carrier transitions
Timeslot(s) Used:1-24, SCC: 0, Transmitter delay is 0 flags
I have open tickets with telco and they are not seeing any problems on the ckt. Also, they mention that issue may be hardware related.
Are there any troubleshooting test and I can perform on the router, to determine what may be the issue.
I have removed all my posts in this thread due to them being half-rated for no reason.
Check out the below explanation for CRC error and farme error and few useful links to trouble shoot these type of problems.
CRC errors usually indicates noise or transmission problems on the LAN interface or the LAN itself. A high number of CRCs is usually the result of collisions but can also indicate a physical issue (such as cabling, bad interface or NIC) or a duplex mismatch or a station transmitting bad data.
TRY THIS: Check cables to determine whether any are damaged. If 100BaseTX is being
used, ensure Category 5 cabling is being used and not another type, such as Category
or try this:
Clear the interface counter and start with changing the fiber patch between the 2 switches. If that does not help then replace the GBICs and see what happens.
Hope that helps out your query !!
Please rate if it helps.