Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 with remote sites

we have a UC540 at the main office, and a router 881 in a remote office. We perform a Site to Site VPN between the office and remote site in which physical phone installed.

Is this scenario possible? or need for physical phones at the remote site to register on my uc540 central office?

another scenario would be to use two ROUTERS 881 both the central office to the remote site and perform a site to site VPN, the uc540 would be found behind the router 881.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes, VPN can transport traffic for any application.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

View solution in original post

Hi Daniel,

I am not sure about going forward with the UC-320 Option, unless something has changed with it I do not believe it will achieve what you want as it is not an IOS based device and may nto integrate with a UC correctly without some heavy CLI work around's on the UC-500 side.

Also Further to what Paolo has advised, you can also consider the Cisco 6900 series phones if you want a cost alternative product, which generally perform better than the SPA series for voice quality (IMHO).

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

At the remote site you only need an FXO gateway.

Again, get to work with a good consultant or Cisco partner, otherwise you will never end having questions but no ready answer

15 Replies 15

initially could make a vpn site to site with the SR520 router, and physical phone so you can register from remote sites, but this router is in EOL, and its replacement is the CISCO867VAE-K9, with the 881 router I can do the same scenario?

Yes. Any Cisco router can do that.

Would have no problem with physical models of phones, for example if I use the phone SPA303 or SPA502, these phones were registered through the vpn site to site in the uc540?

For best results I always recommend not to use linksys / SPA phones but only true Cisco, however these work.

In some special phone model you would recommend to place it at the remote site?

All the 79xx phones are very good.

Thank you very much for your help Paolo ...

Please let me know which is a limiting SPA300 phones to use in remote sites?

I have a question...

On the same scheme described above, instead of using a UC540, UC320 would be used one, it would likely through VPN site to site can register the phone to remote sites?

Yes, VPN can transport traffic for any application.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Hi Daniel,

I am not sure about going forward with the UC-320 Option, unless something has changed with it I do not believe it will achieve what you want as it is not an IOS based device and may nto integrate with a UC correctly without some heavy CLI work around's on the UC-500 side.

Also Further to what Paolo has advised, you can also consider the Cisco 6900 series phones if you want a cost alternative product, which generally perform better than the SPA series for voice quality (IMHO).

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

In short you do not recommend this type of scenario using a UC320?

It is true that the UC320 has no CLI, but through the VPN site to site will be able to register the physical phone?

Any other limitation that has the phone for SPA families, besides the voice quality?

What we're trying to tell you here, if you want an excellent, proven solution, get an UC520 with 79xx phones.

Anything else, will not be so good, and may leave customer disappointed.

Also very important, if you do not have extensive experience in telephony and networking, do not attempt to do this by yourself. Engage a reputable consultant or UC certified Cisco partner.

On the schedule we have, if at sites of remote has a FXO, this call can be redirected to the central office? or need another UC5XXpara able to do this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: