cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA508G Park Button

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SPA508G that I am trying to put a park button on.  It is connecting to an Asterisk phone system.  I have enabled PSK so I can move the softkey's around, however, when I put "park" on the second key in the "connected" key list, the key comes up blank. 

I then tried to do a customized PSK on PSK1.  I was able to get the phone to dial the star code, however it doesn't park the call.  Instead it puts the call on hold and dials the star code indepenently. 

I need to get call parking to work with this key.  It does work if I dial the star code directly, but it's kind of a pain.  Any help is appreciated.

Brad

4 Replies 4

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

Bump.  Anyone?

Have you changed the server type in the Attendant Console to Asterisk?

I also delete all the pre programmed Vertical Service Activation Codes in the regional tab so they dont conflict.

I currently use Metaswitch and call park works beautifully.Definitely need to make sure your Call Park spots are configured in your switch as well, I am not familiar with Asterisk, but I hope this information helps.

This is my Call Park configuration, works flawless.

Brenden,

Thanks for the reply.  That was actually one of the first things I did to the phone.  The call park button doesn't even show up in the soft keys unless I do a PSK.  It's very odd, and I've never seen this behavior with these phones.

That is odd. I've never had to make a PSK to park calls, just a press and park button in the extended function field of the desired button.

Do you mind posting a screen shot of your PSK?