Wireless site survey Steps and tools

Unanswered Question
Aug 9th, 2012

Hi Guys;

I have new project awarded to our company, this customer wants us to conduct physcial site survey.

for other projects I used to use the WCS to suggest the APs Locations but with this one I have to visit the location and to conduct the survey.

whch tools must be with me? by the way  I have Airmagnet softwar, cisco adapter works fine with Air magnet,

can I use WCS as first step to decide the location of the APs.

what shall I do there ,:(( since I need to conduct the SS for voice ?

I have uploded one MAP with APs locations by wcs ,, then what ??????

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Scott Fella Thu, 08/09/2012 - 16:18

Well you will need an access point that you will be installing, a power source to power up the AP via PoE or AC adapter, etc. then you need to define your requirements for voice and survey using your requirements.

Here is a voice guide that has some requirements and tips

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7925g/7_0/english/deployment/guide/7925dply.pdf

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Leo Laohoo Thu, 08/09/2012 - 16:52

Well, I really don't know where to start.

I mean, no one here (I think) can teach you how to use a Wireless Site Survey by using the forum.

However, I can suggest this:  If someone's paid your company to do a site survey and no one in the company knows how to, then sub-contract the job to someone who does.  You then tail and observe that person until you are confident to do it yourself. 

Scott Fella Thu, 08/09/2012 - 17:47

Like Leo mentioned, maybe learning from others (hopefully its not their first time:)), but you really learn from experience... performing a site survey and the post survey to actually see how you did.  Then taking the information from that along with client issues, etc, will make you a good surveyor.... every environment is different and planner doesn't really understand that piece of the puzzle.

fbarboza Thu, 08/09/2012 - 18:42

Also check faq of a site survey.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_q_and_a_item09186a00805e9a96.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted August 9, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Stats:
Replies:5 Avg. Rating:5
Views:1246 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard