VCSE 7.1 to 7.2 Software error

Answered Question
Aug 9th, 2012

Hi there,

i get the following message after upgrading VCSE 7.1 to 7.2

An unexpected software error was detected in httpserver.py: Handler="GetXmlHandler"

Incident Detail:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/share/python/site-packages/ni/xmlapi/utils.py", line 124, in wrapper

return func(self)

File "/share/python/site-packages/ni/xmlapi/utils.py", line 99, in wrapper

return func(self)

File "/share/python/site-packages/ni/xmlapi/handlers/getxml.py", line 128, in GET

self.insert_plugin_elements(plugin, parent_element)

File "/share/python/site-packages/ni/xmlapi/handlers/getxml.py", line 183, in insert_plugin_elements

elements = plugin.get()

File "/share/python/site-packages/ni/xmlapi/simpleadapter.py", line 169, in get

self._get_walk_recursive(self.xml_structure, record, builder)

File "/share/python/site-packages/ni/xmlapi/simpleadapter.py", line 137, in _get_walk_recursive

self._get_walk_recursive(value, record, builder)

File "/share/python/site-packages/ni/xmlapi/simpleadapter.py", line 145, in _get_walk_recursive

builder.data(str(field_value))

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xdc' in position 5: ordinal not in range(128)

And in TMS the connection to VCSE (with Version 7.2) remains with Ticket

#139 - The system is busy - The system is shutting down, or starting

Anybody know how to fix this?

Regards,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Martin Koch about 1 year 8 months ago

Any (reverse/transparent) proxy in between tms and vcs?

Do you have any external scripts accessing the API?

Do you have any "strange" = non asci characters in any of your configuraton fields (like local charsets, UTF-8, chinese, ....), if so I would try to remove them and replace it with 7-bit ascii. (especially if you have the letter "Ü" somewhere (any where in the config, systen name, search rule names, descriptions, .... Please remove everything which is not [a-z][A-Z])

A xconfig and xstatus via the admin CLI  (TSH) might help you to find these.

Average Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
tomtanig Fri, 08/10/2012 - 00:44

Do you continue to see same alarm/error message even after VCS manual restart once again?

aljaiswa Fri, 08/10/2012 - 01:17

Hi Lone,

It would be good if you can open a TAC case for this!!this error requires in depth analysis of logs and probably will require you to collect system snapshot as well

Thanks

Alok

rizpatel Fri, 08/10/2012 - 11:49

Hello,

Was this upgrade sucessfull ??

It looks like a image error. I would recommed you to download a new image and upgrade again and also try using English verison.

Thanks,

Rizwan

Lonemaker Tue, 08/14/2012 - 23:31

Hi,

i redownloaded the version s42700x7_2_0.tar.gz but there is no difference. I dont think this would be an image error, because the version is running "stable"...except of the error above :-)

Correct Answer
Martin Koch Wed, 08/15/2012 - 03:54

Any (reverse/transparent) proxy in between tms and vcs?

Do you have any external scripts accessing the API?

Do you have any "strange" = non asci characters in any of your configuraton fields (like local charsets, UTF-8, chinese, ....), if so I would try to remove them and replace it with 7-bit ascii. (especially if you have the letter "Ü" somewhere (any where in the config, systen name, search rule names, descriptions, .... Please remove everything which is not [a-z][A-Z])

A xconfig and xstatus via the admin CLI  (TSH) might help you to find these.

Lonemaker Thu, 08/30/2012 - 03:08

The error was the non ascii. I used an "Ü" and the VCSE saved it as "\xdc" in config. I removed it and rerun the upgrade, everthing is fine. :-)

CCNP R&S

awinter2 Thu, 08/30/2012 - 03:17

Where in the VCS config were you attempting to use this "Ü" character?

- Andreas

awinter2 Thu, 08/30/2012 - 03:28

And when exactly did this error message appear? What did you do to trigger it so to speak?

Thanks,

Andreas

awinter2 Thu, 08/30/2012 - 05:17

Thanks for the clarification, I have raised a defect for the VCS so that this can be addressed.

-Andreas

Martin Koch Thu, 08/30/2012 - 05:25

Lonemaker: Thx for the feedback, rating and set the thread to answered. +5 for you as well!

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted August 9, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Stats:
Replies:14 Avg. Rating:5
Views:974 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: 7.1, error, 7.2, vcse
+

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard