Helpful
Replies

VCSE 7.1 to 7.2 Software error

Lonemaker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

i get the following message after upgrading VCSE 7.1 to 7.2

An unexpected software error was detected in httpserver.py: Handler="GetXmlHandler"

Incident Detail:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/share/python/site-packages/ni/xmlapi/utils.py", line 124, in wrapper

return func(self)

File "/share/python/site-packages/ni/xmlapi/utils.py", line 99, in wrapper

return func(self)

File "/share/python/site-packages/ni/xmlapi/handlers/getxml.py", line 128, in GET

self.insert_plugin_elements(plugin, parent_element)

File "/share/python/site-packages/ni/xmlapi/handlers/getxml.py", line 183, in insert_plugin_elements

elements = plugin.get()

File "/share/python/site-packages/ni/xmlapi/simpleadapter.py", line 169, in get

self._get_walk_recursive(self.xml_structure, record, builder)

File "/share/python/site-packages/ni/xmlapi/simpleadapter.py", line 137, in _get_walk_recursive

self._get_walk_recursive(value, record, builder)

File "/share/python/site-packages/ni/xmlapi/simpleadapter.py", line 145, in _get_walk_recursive

builder.data(str(field_value))

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xdc' in position 5: ordinal not in range(128)

And in TMS the connection to VCSE (with Version 7.2) remains with Ticket

#139 - The system is busy - The system is shutting down, or starting

Anybody know how to fix this?

Regards,

CCNP R&S
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Any (reverse/transparent) proxy in between tms and vcs?

Do you have any external scripts accessing the API?

Do you have any "strange" = non asci characters in any of your configuraton fields (like local charsets, UTF-8, chinese, ....), if so I would try to remove them and replace it with 7-bit ascii. (especially if you have the letter "Ü" somewhere (any where in the config, systen name, search rule names, descriptions, .... Please remove everything which is not [a-z][A-Z])

A xconfig and xstatus via the admin CLI  (TSH) might help you to find these.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you continue to see same alarm/error message even after VCS manual restart once again?

Restart and Reboot, no difference in alarm/error.

CCNP R&S

Hi Lone,

It would be good if you can open a TAC case for this!!this error requires in depth analysis of logs and probably will require you to collect system snapshot as well

Thanks

Alok

Ok. i will do this.

CCNP R&S

rizpatel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Was this upgrade sucessfull ??

It looks like a image error. I would recommed you to download a new image and upgrade again and also try using English verison.

Thanks,

Rizwan

Hi,

i redownloaded the version s42700x7_2_0.tar.gz but there is no difference. I dont think this would be an image error, because the version is running "stable"...except of the error above :-)

CCNP R&S

Any (reverse/transparent) proxy in between tms and vcs?

Do you have any external scripts accessing the API?

Do you have any "strange" = non asci characters in any of your configuraton fields (like local charsets, UTF-8, chinese, ....), if so I would try to remove them and replace it with 7-bit ascii. (especially if you have the letter "Ü" somewhere (any where in the config, systen name, search rule names, descriptions, .... Please remove everything which is not [a-z][A-Z])

A xconfig and xstatus via the admin CLI  (TSH) might help you to find these.

The error was the non ascii. I used an "Ü" and the VCSE saved it as "\xdc" in config. I removed it and rerun the upgrade, everthing is fine. :-)

CCNP R&S

CCNP R&S

Where in the VCS config were you attempting to use this "Ü" character?

- Andreas

Hi Andreas,

under System->SNMP->Location

CCNP R&S

CCNP R&S

And when exactly did this error message appear? What did you do to trigger it so to speak?

Thanks,

Andreas

Thanks for the clarification, I have raised a defect for the VCS so that this can be addressed.

-Andreas

Dafür vielen Dank :-)

Lonemaker: Thx for the feedback, rating and set the thread to answered. +5 for you as well!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: