cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LISP runs great in GNS3/dynamips

ma4d
Level 1
Level 1

So if you're interested in testing LISP, download the latest engineering release from lisp.cisco.com for the 7200 (contract required, of course) and give it a try.  I've been very happy with LISP and after extensive testing in GNS3 have been running LISP VPN in production now for months as an alternative to DMVPN.  I can post some configs if anyone is interested, although it is very easy to configure.

HTH,

Matt

12 Replies 12

sterdnotshaken
Level 1
Level 1

I would quite interested to see your config...

danielkuhl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Matt,

which IOS version do you use with GNS3 to run lisp on the 7200?

regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel.

I'm running c7200-adventerprisek9-mz.152-4.XB9, available through http://lisp.cisco.com with a valid contract.

Matt

Hi Matt,

thanks. It runs great in GNS3!

Daniel

Hello Matt

Can you share with me the GNS3 configuration for LISP?

Also I shall be thankful for IOS.

Now I design a networking solution for a two data centers and I must ensure seamless mobility for a virtual machines. I would like to use LISP for the task.

Later I can provide you the results of the proof test.

Hi Sergey,

I recommend to use c7200-adventerprisek9-mz.152-4.XB10 for GNS3. I tested it with a LISP+GETVPN solution and it works great.

Daniel

Hi Daniel

Can you share with me the LISP config on Cisco 7200?

Thank you!

Hi Sergey,

I build a little lisp lab for you which is similar to the real lisp project I am working for. Here are some short explanations:

DC: Represents some networks at the datacenter. These networks are the destinations for the trafic from the sites.

DCXTR: Lisp router for the datacenter with static routing to the datacenter networks 10.10.0.0/24 and 10.11.0.0/24

MRMS: Map-Resovler and Map-Server

Site1: 4 local networks and one management address configured as loopbacks will be propagated with lisp; ip sla with tracking to generate traffic to the datacenter

I skiped the GETVPN configuration and the redundant DC configuration to keep it simple. Hope it is ok in this way...

Daniel, it's very kind of you. Thank you for help.

If there is someone interested I could add a GETVPN configuration to this small lab.

Hi Daniel

This guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Data_Center/DCI/5.0/LISPmobility/LISPmobile.pdf

describes switch configuration for the "lisp mobility".

But is it possible to configure "lisp mobility" without a switch (only on routers)?

I need the "lisp mobility" to seamlessly migrate a virtual machines between the two data centers.

Hi Sergey,

I didn't try "lisp host mobility solution" yet, but I will go through the document this week and set up a test solution in GNS3.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco