Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Samsung Galaxy S3

cgmiller913
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 running ICS. I have Anyconnect running just fine, I tried installing Jabber Client, and I keep getting the following error message:

Please check your Internet Calling Setting and try again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

For device ID, I am using BOTXXXX naming convention and for server I am putting the IP address of the Publisher, but tried DNS name as well, but that did not work either.

I am running CUCM 8.5.1.12900-7 and I just installed the cmterm-android_8.6.2v17b.cop.sgn on my publisher and subscriber nodes and rebooted all.

I basically followed this document to the T:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080bb5104.shtml

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Chris

28 Replies 28

Nelson Torres
Level 1
Level 1

I have the exact same issue.  I am currently working with Cisco TAC.  As soon as we figure out the issue I will update this blog.

Same problem here too. Jabber doesn't work with the S3.

My Cisco TAC engineer just learned that the Samsung Galaxy s3 is not yet supported with Jabber for Andoid Client.  See her response below.

"I’ve forwarded that information to our BU. I got to learn that Samsung S III is not yet supported with Jabber for Android client. I am currently waiting on a response for them to see if there is any upgrade we can perform on the device to get this working. I will keep you posted."

Nelson

AdamSchrack
Level 1
Level 1

I can't get it to register with CUCM either. I have attempted to connect via AnyConnect and connected directly to our Corporate WiFi.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager - Version 8.5.1.11900-21

Samsung Galaxy S3/Android - Version 4.0.4

Cisco Jabber for Android - Version 9.0.1

What's the baseband version on your GS3 that doesn't work?

Baseband Version: I535VRLG1

The Baseband version of my Galaxy s3 is I747UCLG1.

Model # is SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Andoid version 4.0.4

Kernal version

3.0.8-704434-user

For the SGH-I747 if you can get baseband ending in LH1 you should have more success.  LG1 will not work.  I'm putting together a document right now to help track these unsupported devices.  Stay tuned...

Please see below:

Chris

Here's the doc I put together real quick, unfortunately it looks like all of the phones mentioned in this thread are already listed. https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26610  I have some more data on the Note to put up too.

Does it matter what version CUCM is on or the phones not supported are not supported on any level of CUCM?

Thanks.

The CUCM version has nothing to do with the phone.  CUCM support is tied to the application version only. 

Phillip,

You can add Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S3 (OS: Android 4.0.4; Baseband: I535VRLG1) to the "Unsupported Phones" column in the "Cisco Jabber for Android 8.6(4) and earlier" section of your spread sheet. Multiple Cisco Jabber for Android versions where tested in the wake of my unsuccessful 9.0.1 attempt.

Thanks

Adam

I'll add it this time, but I completely expect that doc to be edited by everyone that is working with the app.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: