Views
Helpful
Replies

VXC 6215 .ini files examples

ChristianPaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Does anyone has some examples of .ini configuration files?. I'm trying to push some configuration to a  VXC 6215 via VXCM.

Also i need to override some old configurations that the thin client already has, is it possible?

Thanks

Christian Paz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reboot the client, and while it's booting, keep the G key pressed. You should see a green Cisco login screen

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Virtualization Experience Client   configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/vxc/english/vxc_6215_1-0/deploy/b_6215_fw8.6_deployment_guide_chapter_01_ps11976_TSD_Products_Installation_Guide_Chapter.html

As for the parameters:

Cisco Virtualization Experience Client 6215 INI Files  Reference Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/vxc/english/vxc_6215_1-0/iniref/6215iniref.html

Once the client receives the new configs via a ini file the settings change accordingly, bear in mind that removing or not changing the same settings from the .ini file does not remove the old configurations unless you have preserve changes = no

ie

you had timezone in the .ini file with some value, if you remove the value from the .ini file, whatever you had before remains in the client config. Again, that unless you have preserve changes = no which basically means the client will get the config every single time it boots.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi, do you know any procedure to go back to factory defaults (a hardware procedure), because i've been changing some parameters in the .ini files and now i can't access to the virtual desktops.

In vmware view the probles is that i can't use the mouse on the virtual desktop.

In citrix the browser crashes before displaying the desktop.

Thanks

Reboot the client, and while it's booting, keep the G key pressed. You should see a green Cisco login screen

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: