Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Fax to Fax Configuration

Hi Guys,

I need some assistance o8s n Fax configuration. I connected ATA and its registered with Call Manager 8.6. External fax is working fine i can send and receive the fax but  requirement is also to send fax from one local number like 1002 to 1009 i.e. IP to IP Fax.

Do it require any specific configuration.

Please Help

Thanks in Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Define "IP to IP fax." If you mean one analog fax machine calling another analog fax machine and both are connected to ATA186s then no additional configuration is required as long as you have allowed 64kbps codecs (G.711) between them on the region matrix. If using ATA187s which support fax relay then the codec choice isn't important.

Don't forget to configure the ATA186 for fax detection; it isn't on by default.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Define "IP to IP fax." If you mean one analog fax machine calling another analog fax machine and both are connected to ATA186s then no additional configuration is required as long as you have allowed 64kbps codecs (G.711) between them on the region matrix. If using ATA187s which support fax relay then the codec choice isn't important.

Don't forget to configure the ATA186 for fax detection; it isn't on by default.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

arunkum3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fazal,

You are most probably asking for a call flow like Fax1--FXS--ATA -- IP (H.323/SIP) -- ATA -- FXS -- Fax2.

The link provided by Jonathan will answer your question if the above call flow is what you are expecting. In addition to that, you can read this link at your leisure to gain more knowledge on different fax configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/cisco_ios_fax_services_over_ip_application_guide/fxappdoc.html#wp431344

Do let us know if you are looking for something more specific.

Regards,

Arun Kumar

Please rate useful posts !!!

Hi Guys

Thanks for reply

In My Scenario I have two ATA 187 which is registered to CUCM 8.6. These two ATA's are connected two different switches which are connecting to core switch. Two faxes are connecting on ATA. CUCM and Voice GW are connected on Core switch.

My requirement is just to send FAX on these machines i.e. with in LAN.

Will this FAX will passes through Voice GW or Just Go through CUCM.

The product specific configs are same for both ATAs (having Fax Mode set to "T.38 Fax Relay", Maximum Fax Rate to "14400bps" and Codec 711ulaw).

Kinldy reply

The call will go direct between the ATAs, not the voice gatewayy. The ATA187 is just an IP phone as far as CUCM is concerned. It can four-digit dial just like any other phone.

Thanks Jonathan,

I will test it and let you know.

Regards,

Hi Jonathan,

I test the fax between two ATA 187. I can dial the number of fax machine lets say 2010 from 1010 and it rings. after sometime it accept the fax but when i press transfer button it does not send the fax and keep hold on connecting status.

I changed even the fax machines to make sure there is no problem in it

Please find the screenshots of ATA in call manager

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: