cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading to C170's from C150's

Rachel Bautista
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of upgrading our two clustered C150's (os version 7.1.5-017) to two C170's.  Our old appliances were built when we were on a Domino platform, but we have switched to Exchange 2010 in the last year.  As such, the current config is not set up to use AD integration for security groups, etc..

I am new to this process so I am wondering if it is best to start with a new config and manually apply my settings or copy my old config over?  (I reallize that I will have to downgrade the OS to do so.)  We are routing mail across multiple domains, have a remote site and are using the encryption envelope service.

Lastly, we're running into a time crunch due to some other high priority projects that have been pushed to the weeks just before our cert expiration.

What's my best option for success?  Can I config from scratch, but export my lists and tables and import them into the new appliance?  Is list export/import success as reliable on the OS being the same as the config file is?

Thanks!

Rachel

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hey Rachel,

I just did this, though not clustered... I'm assuming the C170s are running 7.6.1?

HAT and RAT and Safelists all stay the same format as did the dictionarys (at least, I was able to export, move via FTP, import them)

I did go through and do the config manually (mainly to refamiliarize myself with it all) and then build some scripts push mail through the new box before directing production flow through it.

Ken

View solution in original post

we did something similar and to our surprise saving the config files on the old appliances and importing them to the new machines worked great, I would recommend that, if it doesn't work you can always do it manually after that

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hey Rachel,

I just did this, though not clustered... I'm assuming the C170s are running 7.6.1?

HAT and RAT and Safelists all stay the same format as did the dictionarys (at least, I was able to export, move via FTP, import them)

I did go through and do the config manually (mainly to refamiliarize myself with it all) and then build some scripts push mail through the new box before directing production flow through it.

Ken

we did something similar and to our surprise saving the config files on the old appliances and importing them to the new machines worked great, I would recommend that, if it doesn't work you can always do it manually after that

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: