Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to install ISE 1.1.1 on VMware vSphere 5

mauricioharley
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

I'm trying to install ISE 1.1.1 VM on my vSphere 5 environment but I get no success.  I met hardware requirements (2 CPUs, 4 GB of RAM, 100 GB disk and 1 NIC), but I'm always stuck on the attached print screen (traceback and invalid ELF header of an anaconda file.

I googled some times, but I found nothing.  What should I do to solve this?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you post a screenshot of your virtual machine settings? Can you try installing an older version 1.1? To see if that works and then try the upgrade?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mauricio,

Can you compare the md5 hash of the iso that you downloaded? Or try to download the file again and see if that fixes your issue.

The correct md5 hash displays when you hover over the iso link, the correct hash is - ecf89ebbd50a1e77e029d35f8ae93ce9

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Hi, Tarik,

I appreciate your help.  I didn't do that yet, but I tried to install the same image on my VMware Workstation and it just started beautifully, copying files and stuff.  So, I guess ISO image is not damaged.

Thank you

How are you connecting to your iso? Did you upload your file to the datastore or are you using the host option where it points to your local machine?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

I didn't upload to the datastore.  I just connected DVD directly on the vCenter machine.

Do you think this is the problem?  Boot starts normally, but the whole process stops when anaconda runs.  So, I think DVD connection is not an issue, right?

Thank you!

I understand, when you install this iso on the vmware server are you using the dvd to perform the install?

Also what is your vm specs that you used for the guest operating system (did you use rhel 5 32 bit).

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Hey, Tarik,

I tried both ways, directly with DVD and only with ISO image.  Same result.  Yes, I chose RedHat 5 32 bits.  Isn't something with VM properties?

I just followed what Hardware Installation Guide recommended.

Thanks

Have you tried to delete the virtual machine and reconfigure it? I would suggest downloading another copy of the iso and give it a try again.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Tarik,

I downloaded image again and I recreated VM as well.  Still same problem.

What else can I do to solve this?

Thanks!

Can you post a screenshot of your virtual machine settings? Can you try installing an older version 1.1? To see if that works and then try the upgrade?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

I ran into the same problem.  You must copy the iso image into datastore first and run the image from there to work.

Hello, Tarik and other friends,

I did what Tarik previously suggested.  I installed 1.1.0 (first release). It was ok.  Then, I installed patch 3 (as recommended by upgrade procedure) and downloaded 1.1.1.  I created a repository and made the upgrade from there.  Perfect!

Thank you, Tarik for the suggestion.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: